Woodlakes, Stowbridge, Kings Lynn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been to Woodlakes about 4 or 5 times now. You can fish the main lake from the swim out the back of your lodge. It is beautiful but myself, my brother and three mates have yet to catch anything out of it!!! I sometimes wonder if there are any fishin it at all! There is even very little action to be had on a float rod!

There are other lakes there, North lake and two pole lake and you can catch quite easily out of these but you'll be lucky if you catch anything over about 12 lbs.

So overall the fishing on the maion lake is cr@p but ok for a bit of fun on the other lakes. The venue is beautiful though, lovely in teh summer to have a bbq whilst the rods are out! I will be going back there.

i have fished wood lakes from the log cabbins about 9 times now it can be hard at times but has some nice carp in it.i have had alot of doubles out and 2 twentys.the best time for me was at night when i have had around 6 fish in around two hours.the best bait to use is white chocolet and source are very good on this lake.there is no features on the bottom it is all flat with little sealt.just marker float and build a swim up and stick to it.bream can be a bit of a prob.hope this helps good luck you will love this place.........mark

• 2 weeks later...

You have to stay in one of the log cabins as there is no caravans on site now.You can fish the championship lake as long as you like but they dont let you bivvy up on it.If you go out of season and have a word with the warden his name is marvin then he might let you.Well he did me mind you i have been there alot.The lake has got some of the best carp in it that i have seen for years as it hardly gets fished.Hope this helps.......mark

Not sure if its the same now guys but when me and my brother used to fish championship lake (i was about 10yrs old so 16yrs ago!) we used to fish off the island tight to the far bank reeds with fruity pop ups. We used to have several in a day doin that. Quite a few 20's but millions in the 14lb bracket so have to wade through them to bigger fish. They like a floater round the back area too! As i say it is a long while ago but we found once u worked out what u gotta do its a cakewalk!

• 4 years later...

Bump :lol:

steveneast

Posted: 6th Mar 2014 20:20 Post subject: Woodlakes

Hi 3 friends of mine and myself are going to Woodlakes in April and was wondering if anyone can help me on what bait they would suggest and if it's really weedy or not, best place to fish and what rigs they would suggest as I was going for snowman or helicopter?? Help would be appreciated Steve

• 3 months later...
MarginMaster97

Hi, I have saw many old posts in other threads about this venue. I am off to Woodlakes with some family later in the year and i was wondering if anyone has any idea what works and what doesn't bait wise and weather anyone has had much success in recent visits? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks  :)