merrington carp fishery

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there about 7.15 Friday morning.

Andy, what do i owe you for the food?

I won't know for definite until I pick it all up mate, should be around a fiver each I think mate :)

Nice one :wink:

Just about to go sort out the gear for this weekends little jaunt. Just been and got myself a couple of bottles of red and a few beers for tomorrow night when i'm all on my lonesome lol. Also sorted out my secret tactics and bait for this weekend so hopefully it will be better than last Saturday's effort.

So you'll catch 2 SMALL Pike instead of 1 then :lol::lol::lol:

time off denied we got alot of tables booked in but i may pop down for a walk round on my split and chat to a few people get to know a few more at least

Dave, there is some talk of a summer social at Merrington. Nothing is cast in stone yet and I may be jumping the gun....but the crack at the last one generated some firm friendships.

If you manage to sneak off and visit us I'll make you a brew and introduce you to some of the friends I made last time there.

Ian

Right boys, i wont be on later as i'm off to merrington this afternoon after work. I need the extra day to carry out my baiting up plan which involves kg upon kg of bait (well a few pva bags anyway). See you all tomorrow i will have the pics waiting for you all. :lol::lol:

Sound mate, I'm quite looking forward to a few snapshots of frostbite :lol: :lol:

Now that REALLY made me laugh out loud :lol:

I've packed two sets of thermal underwear and may well wear both at the same time! I might even wear proper clothes as well. Oh, and I found today that I own two peachskin overblankets ( :? ) so both are in the Transit with all the other kit. Cold? Bring it on!

Miriam, bless her, did the Big Shop this evening and bought us about a hundredweight of food and more Pot Noodles than you could shake a stick at.

Alan and I may have to say for a month, just to use up the supplies.

The barbeque is loaded, along with a couple of bags of charcoal and there are a couple of cans of Diamond White and some wine, apparently :wink:

Quite excited now and really looking forward to meeting up with some cracking people again.

Ian

Hope you all have a good weekend. Please bring back plenty of stories :D
Plenty of stories but no fish, it was mega slow. Del managed to get down to see us yesterday evening so the fishing was forgotton about and the social side of things took precedence. All in all a great weekend even if the fish didnt play ball. :lol:

If I'd caught a fish every time I laughed I'd have had hundreds!

Great fun in great company and it was good to see Del out and about. Wicked shame that Malc's van broke down and he was unable to attend.

Andy, bless him, took on the role of chef for the weekend and fed us very well, and because he had taken suffcient breakfast stuff to feed 8 people and only 5 of us made it, to say that the portions were huge really is an understatement.

On Saturday evening we were allowed access to the large wooden hut which has mains power, hot and cold running water, fridge, freezer, proper full size cooker and a huge gas barbeque. Said barby had no gas cylinder attached but I spotted one lurking, along with suitable jubilee clip and a screwdriver....hey presto, huge barbeque very soon fired up. Result! Andy then took charge of it and we all donated stuff to be cooked and, once again, we were very well fed.

This morning we used the hut once again for yet another gargantuan breakfast, tidied and swept the hut and it's contents and as the weather forecast was bleak we all agreed to clear off early. Packed away virtually dry and as we were leaving the Fishery the heavens opened, as predicted. Perfect timing or what?

All the time we were there only 2 fish were caught, both from the opposite bank from us. One around 10lbs and one around 6lbs, so not exactly prolific fishing. Good weekend nevertheless.

And I was astonished that, for a student, Andy is quite intelligent :shock:

Ian

And I was astonished that, for a student, Andy is quite intelligent :shock:

Not too thick for a Brummie yourself mate :lol: :lol: :D

I had a cracking weekend, didn't catch apart from that tiny pike I had on fake corn that fell off at the net! I wasn't really there for the fishing though, as you said the social side took precedence and I was crying/choking with laughter at some points :D I'm still trying to work out what kind of tests you can carry out on fields.... :roll:

It was great to see Del again, and I wish you all the best my friend :)

Roll on next time, and I must remember to get a bigger bivvy, a doormat and fix my damn barrow, my back is killing now!

Until next time fellas :D:wink:

Merrington. No Carp, the weather's always awful & the banks are swamp like.

Fortunatly none of this matters, as the lake is frequented by some of the best people you could meet.

And the odd student. The very odd student :P