merrington carp fishery

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread moved into UK Where to fish.

It may also pay to have a dig around on the search facility on here as Merrington has been mentioned a few times in the past :wink:

Nick, I suspected that the thread would be relocated. I've PM'd Peter with suitable links....in the hope that some of them make him laugh as much as I did.

Ian

Some of us, eight in all, are doing a long weekend at Merrington next weekend. A bit of a splinter group from the principals of the Grumpy Old Men social of 2008. Jez, bless him, has once again become organiser and arranged the bookings etc.

I'll take my camera and, upon return, try to learn how to post pictures......possibly :shock:

I suspect that, yet again, we're going to be well fed, which is a strong clue as to one of the participants.....

Better take the barbeque. Again :D

Ian

I'm over there in the morning for a day session so hopefully a few kippers to report tomorrow night.

Use that infamous charisma & charm of yours to get us on the warm side. We're going to need it. Have you seen the weather for next weekend? :roll::lol:

I'm over there in the morning for a day session so hopefully a few kippers to report tomorrow night.

Use that infamous charisma & charm of yours to get us on the warm side. We're going to need it. Have you seen the weather for next weekend? :roll::lol:

I'll sleep in the van if the infamous charisma and charm fails us....particularly if the weather forecast is even half right.

The ultimate, all weather, fishing shelter? Transit HiCube. Just trust me on this. Carpet lined, Pink Floyd on the stereo................

Ian

Nick, I suspected that the thread would be relocated. I've PM'd Peter with suitable links....in the hope that some of them make him laugh as much as I did.

Ian

Some of us, eight in all, are doing a long weekend at Merrington next weekend. A bit of a splinter group from the principals of the Grumpy Old Men social of 2008. Jez, bless him, has once again become organiser and arranged the bookings etc.

I'll take my camera and, upon return, try to learn how to post pictures......possibly :shock:

I suspect that, yet again, we're going to be well fed, which is a strong clue as to one of the participants.....

Better take the barbeque. Again :D

Ian

Thanks and

In that case wish him all the best from me :D:wink:

I did send him a text last week, but know that he has to look after himself before even thinking about replying :wink:

I hope that all catch this time, and the wwweather is a bit nicer than forecast.

Anyone want any bait? :wink::lol::lol::lol:

I've just visited several weather forecast sites and the outlook isn't too bad. Snow is unlikely, some very light rain, possibly, on Saturday. On Sunday we'll need the Factor 8. Or not.

Coldish at night but warmish by day. To be on the safe side I'm taking all the warm clothes I own and may well borrow even more.

I guess that the Peachskin overblanket will be deployed once again. The last time I used it was at the Grumpy Old thingy last year. Please God, don't let it be that cold again.

Ian

I've just visited several weather forecast sites and the outlook isn't too bad. Snow is unlikely, some very light rain, possibly, on Saturday. On Sunday we'll need the Factor 8. Or not.

Coldish at night but warmish by day. To be on the safe side I'm taking all the warm clothes I own and may well borrow even more.

I guess that the Peachskin overblanket will be deployed once again. The last time I used it was at the Grumpy Old thingy last year. Please God, don't let it be that cold again.

Ian

When i first checked, about a week ago it was abslolutly dire. Fortunatly, regular checks have seen a steady improvement. Fingers crossed it continues in the same manner.

Just the one fish out last night a 15lber to Malc, today just one fish which i caught a pike of about 6/7lb on a tutti lol.

Were you bloke on peg 18 then i was on peg1 and my dad was on peg 2 went home on the sat dinner. All i had was a 15lb 4oz mirror on the thursday night taken from the first island n a pop up.

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=SY4%203QH&day=4

I dunno bout getting warmer mate, it's not looking the best...

It'll be a breeze :wink:

You under the brolly then mate? :lol: :lol: If I have to go on the cold side again I won't be too chuffed!!

Yes, i'm taking the brolly. (In case i struggle with the new bivvy)

Just the one fish out last night a 15lber to Malc, today just one fish which i caught a pike of about 6/7lb on a tutti lol.

Were you bloke on peg 18 then i was on peg1 and my dad was on peg 2 went home on the sat dinner. All i had was a 15lb 4oz mirror on the thursday night taken from the first island n a pop up.

Yep i was that man :lol:

You under the brolly then mate? :lol: :lol: If I have to go on the cold side again I won't be too chuffed!!

:lol: :lol: Does that one also come with a built-in kettle? :D

:lol: :lol: Does that one also come with a built-in kettle? :D

:lol::lol: It was an optional extra :lol:

porshec2, please consider your thread well and truly hijacked, aided and abetted by a moderator and an administrator, amongst the rest of us. I hope that the resultant descriptions of our weekend at Merrington go some way to answering your initial enquiry. If not please feel free to join in on the next Grumpy social. You don't need to be Grumpy, just sociable. Watch this space, the seed is already sown.

Ian