tieing on leadcore

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

No mate you need a splicing needle to splice it to your mainline, this would be the best way as the knot would be much neater.

Actually thinking about it! you could splice a loop in the leadcore but splicing the 2 different materials together is a much better way.

dont you splice leadcore to make the loops or tieing swivels on. are these knots in the fox rig book?

Last edited by moseyoakboy on 4th Oct 2005 at 14:34

You said about putting swivvels on dont put them at the end nearest your main line as this will create a death rig for the carp if it should break your mainline.

which lead core do you have? as most come with a free splicing needle and full instructions on how to splice and to attch your mainline , the best leadcore i have used is the esp one and i avoid the fox ones as thelead core comes through the main material. if u can not find a splicing needle gardner mack some excellent ones.hope this helps m8 let me no how u get on

Guest Anonymous

i had a fish this summer with leadcore attatched and they had put a swivel at both ends, couldnt belive it cos obviously the lead was still attatched and everything.

Guest Anonymous

some people are just idiots arent they, i know the only reason i`m going to it now is becuase its winter and from fishing past winters its had me useing back leads for all my fishing now. plus i read an article about somone swiming out in the middle of the night to put 3 or 4 backleads across his line, its really extream doing that i know but you can see where he`s coming from. anyway you can never justify making a fixed lead set up.

I reckon the ESP leadcore is far better than the Fox, never had a problem with the Lead pushing out the side. Make sure you get plenty of spare splicing needles though.

I splice loops at both ends of my Leadcore with the Loop being large enough to take a swivel through it. I can then change my rigs very quickly in seconds.

At the Mainline end I tie the Leadcore with a Uni Knot.

To attach lead core to the main line I just make a loop each end and tie the line to not let me down yet but when I use leadcore I always use it helicopter style this way if I snap up the fish has more chance to rid the lead.I know that by using lead clips the lead can be lost but the fish will still be attached to the length of lead core.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

finaly got some leadcore, well easy to do:D made up remember quit a few years back had some braid you had to tie in the same way. was scared stiff of it, so swaped it with some dutch fella.

cheers for the help.

Guest Anonymous

you can use flying backleads with leadcore so i`ve hurd people doing. yeah you just tie it to your rig instead of useing rig tubeing, personally i carn`t see it holding your line down to much unless fishing long distance.

It pins your line tight to the bottom of the Lake if you use slack Lines and Running Leads.:wink:

If you have a spliced loop at the hooklength end, you can change your rigs in seconds. Very handy if you are the type of person who changes hook after every fish.