Splicing leadcore and glue

fishingaddict

Ive personally had my leadcore over 6 years lol. Theres no packaging, its just in its tasty little spool/box thing.

So for me. It was handy to look it up. lol

So quit rolling your eyes, honestly, some people are such snobs on this forum. Always mocking people.

Ive personally had my leadcore over 6 years lol. Theres no packaging, its just in its tasty little spool/box thing.

So for me. It was handy to look it up. lol

So quit rolling your eyes, honestly, some people are such snobs on this forum. Always mocking people.

For as long as I can remember, Ouchthathirt has had the rolling eyes at the end as his signature :wink:

When I used it I found the ESP the best Leadcore

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have always put the rolling eyes thing at the end of my posts since i first posted. its not meant to be patronising, or anything like that, its just what i use for a signature as it were. anyone that knew me well would know that. in truth, im far too laid back to patronise anyone. i never offer my opinion unless its asked for. all i have ever wanted to do on this forum is to help other carp anglers that ask for it. thats it. i try not to get involved in the petty arguments that can breakout on this site, indeed i was once very busy diffusing the warring fractions on this very site and making everyone get on again.

i have NEVER judged anyone on their choice of tackle, equipment or fishing style, why should i? each to their own, how often have i typed that since 2004? i dont know... loads! i use my choice of equipment as it works for ME. who am i to prejudge or patronise anyone for their choice of equipment? i couldnt care less what you, him, or anyone else is using, unless they ask me for my opinion.

at the end of the day, being a serving squaddie in a very busy garrison medical centre, i have enough on my plate without inciting arguments on a public forum. the reason why it has raken so long for me to reply is that i've been living in a hole for the last few weeks.

you say i wouldnt do it in person, how do you know that?

if you find it insulting or patronising, then i'm sorry, but since i first logged on in 2004, and no one has found it offensive.

:roll:

OUCHTHATHURT

• 1 month later...

after thinking long and hard on this, i have made a few changes. i have used the needle knot for as long as i've used leadcore without too much hassle. but i did have a play with the spliced loop and i am impressed with how strong it actually is. as well as the fact it seems somehow tougher all round and more streamlined. so i have moved over to the spliced loop. as for learning how to do it? i sat in front of the soaps and practiced on a short length of 'core. i've had one mishap, when the loop pulled through when the leader was totally slack. but the cause was all my fault, not made the splice long enough.

further experiments have found me using the helicopter rig for 100% of my 'core fishing, as if you snap off, the hooklink can come away completely from the 'core leader. i cant go back to tubing, i just am not a fan of it. i'm now playing around with fluro mainlines and leaders, as i'm fishing a low stock gin clear water at the moment.

:)