night session with in 10 mile wolverhampton any ideas

alright will,thought id say theres a pool by me just before telford off the m54 called bayliss.has been renound for being a bit of a s hole,but have been recently on a few overnighters after work as i work right next to it.hes really cleaned it up and havent blanked there yet.my biggest is 18 out of there but my mate had a nice 22 common on his first trip,and we both went again after where i blanked but he had 9 out to 18lb.people might slate me for recomending it to you,but if they havnt been for a while they probably havnt seen how clean it is.its just a decent pool with a decent bottom with no snags/silt and might produce a few fish for you?

yes mate thats the name on the gate anyway.head towards telford on m54 get off at the services for shifnal,and get to the small roundabout at the services.take your immediate left and it sweeps round the back of the service station and the gates 200yards on the right.bumpy track though so if its been raining watch for puddles because they might be deep :? go down past a badly hand written sign post and you'll see 2 small pools eiher side of you,if you carry on round you'll see the main lake.good thing about it is you can park at your peg so you dont have to lug your gear or worry about your car.been having good results on squid liver+ mate

alright will,thought id say theres a pool by me just before telford off the m54 called bayliss.has been renound for being a bit of a s hole,but have been recently on a few overnighters after work as i work right next to it.hes really cleaned it up and havent blanked there yet.my biggest is 18 out of there but my mate had a nice 22 common on his first trip,and we both went again after where i blanked but he had 9 out to 18lb.people might slate me for recomending it to you,but if they havnt been for a while they probably havnt seen how clean it is.its just a decent pool with a decent bottom with no snags/silt and might produce a few fish for you?
I'm glad that after 15 years he has decided to clean the place up a bit. Last time I went their was more rubbish than the local landfill :lol::lol: Not for me but it does have a good head of fish and is reasonably easy fishing.

cheers for that illgive poolhall a try next weekend im off to leighton pools over codsall to night

not sure iv made right choice as its hard fishing wise old carp and silt bottom,and im still feeling my way arround carping :lol:

How'd you get on at Leighton?

how did i get on ????? same as everyone else on there not a run all night ,

weired way of paying thougt , they tell you its 7pm till 7 am to night fish dont come round for any money till 9 am after youve gone home and thretern you with police action for not paying :cry:

Tha owners are actually very good, once you get to know them. Normally one of their kids comes to collect the money, if not just knock on the door.

The specimen pool isn't easy, but the rewards are there if you can crack it :wink:

lol av just fished there last night what a joke people castin in ye swim spoddin 20 kilos ov bait no one caught i fished there because ov a reveiw in crafty carper mag and was tolded by the owners mate that they blanked if ye face fits since the dam has bin put in every 1 asked they said its gone down the pan thats what i was told by people who have fished it 4 years dont listen 2 reveiws from dodgy magizines

I'm afraid that I must take issue with the defence "that the owners are very good once you get to know them" I have recently started Carp fishing, and I would expect a fisherie which is not a syndicate (i.e. you can book/turn-up and pay for a peg) to be operated a little more like a business and not a private members club. As a first time visitor to a lake, (or any business) I would expect a certain level of interest which made me want to come back again. Not arrive, be bungled on to a peg opposite a group who are trying to dump half of taskers bait supply in the lake (and incidently spectactorally failing to catch), left and given no advice of any sort on what to try, whats working etc. Maybe I'm missing the point, but in other walks of life, if a business treats me like that I shall not be returning. Weekends are far too valuable to be wasted fishing at lakes where the odds are stacked against not by the fish, but by bait heavy fishers and the owners.

Tha owners are actually very good, once you get to know them. Normally one of their kids comes to collect the money, if not just knock on the door.

The specimen pool isn't easy, but the rewards are there if you can crack it :wink:

the wife was great when we booked gave us a few tips etc , just owner didnt come round till 9am i think being a sat night must have had a few cans in front of telly etc

i pop,d back dinner time n gave them the cash i owed for the simple reason im hoping to crack the pool at a later date (once im as wise as them dam carp) :lol:

the wife was great when we booked gave us a few tips etc , just owner didnt come round till 9am i think being a sat night must have had a few cans in front of telly etc

i pop,d back dinner time n gave them the cash i owed for the simple reason im hoping to crack the pool at a later date (once im as wise as them dam carp) :lol:

Best of luck. There are some good looking fish in there.

• 1 year later...