Rig Tubed Hooklink

chrisa112

Hi all,

Just wanted to know what people all thought of this idea.

The reason behind the whole rig was to make it virtually tangle free. I used to have it tied up but then took it down because it seemed a bit too different.

It was basically a mono hooklink tied (via knotless knot) to a size 8/10 hook, but a length of rig tubing is slipped over the mono leaving a gap of about 1 inch from the hook.

A swivel is then tied to the mono and that is the finished rig. Although the rig tubing did tend to slip up and down the line quite a lot so maybe small shot or putty could be helpful.

This has probably been talked about before but I want your comments on it :D:D ( I try and get pic up soon)

Cheers,

<>Chris

I reckon that'd work with Briad better mate, giving a combi-link style effect :D

And you'd need to get the tubing exactly the same colour as the lakebed for it not to look conspicuos. It has been done with leadcore before though :wink:

Yeah but you dont use leadcore right to the hook do you :D:D:D

Cheers for quick reply's by the way.

<>Chris

I reckon that'd work with Briad better mate, giving a combi-link style effect :D

And you'd need to get the tubing exactly the same colour as the lakebed for it not to look conspicuos. It has been done with leadcore before though :wink:

Yeah but you dont use leadcore right to the hook do you :D:D:D

Cheers for quick reply's by the way.

<>Chris

You wouldn't use tubing right to the hook :wink:

I tried this on a local lake, I had blanked for two nights then I tried this rig (every thing was exactly the same exept the hooklength) and I caught a seven pound tench, fair enough not the intended fish but its better than blanking :wink:

Nice one mate have you got a pic of the rig - Im going to tie one up now to show you all what i mean

PM me any details on it :D

cheers,

<>Chris

• 2 weeks later...

If you are worried about the tangling of your hooklength, but don't fancy having the rig tubing on your hooklength - you could try the following:

using PVA tape - tie a length of reed / stick/ wooden cocktali or skewer stick the lenght of your hooklink.... almost like a splint.

When you cast out your hooklenght with will be kept straigh even into the water - then the PVA tape will dissolve leaving the stick float away and one super straight hooklength :P