Marchamley Pool Shropshire

As for the 50lb cat i dont think its been caught or seen I would take it with a pinch of salt. There are some nice carp into the 20s but a mate of mine who fishes it on a regular basis has never seen or heard of a definate 30lb carp out of it. It does get busy and being a small water you might struggle for a decent swim so be prepared for that. When I last fished it I absolutely murdered the place on mixers so floaters have got to be worth a go.

Jez

• 9 months later...

hi guys/gals....

i too am wanting to fish Marchamely pools end of March, but kno nothing on the place, there is no website for it either which is pretty annoying.

i hear there are 3 pools there, 1 carp lake, 1 match lake and a larger pool, i might fish the match pool, but can someone please giv me some intel on all 3 pools, cos i kno jack bout any of them.....methods, tackle, bait, groundbait, any best places on each pool if possible.

i hear its a decent water, so im thinkin i might give all 3 a crack being as i have a week off comin up, cheers guys

id drive through the gate and try either the bottom pool ( to the right as u go on with an island ) or the top pool ( furthest to the left )

good pools down there ive seen mid 20's come out of there and some nice fish but its not easy fishing at all be prepared to blank any info in or around shropshire jemsue is your man

i can help with selected pools also around the telford area feel free to ask ever tried malverly farm ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

went to marchamley for the first time the weekend just gone, spent friday and sat nyt camped up at the top pool, nice little water, we had the first cat of the year out accordin to the owner, at just under 13lb; and a couple of carp, the biggest being 14lb10. think we will be heading back at some point, seeing as the owner told us hes waiting on a call to go pick up a 30lb cat sometime soon!!

• 6 years later...