stack rig

djm_josh

i dont understand what your after

id use baits that work on the water im fishing and the same with sizes and then match the hook to the bait , i never used more than 1 of each(bottom pop up) to make a snowman but like adam said a bigger hook would seem the way to go

but its down to how much you want to use this rig???

then just keep trying different things till it works which may not work next time but that all the fun of fishing

the chase and pitting your wits againts the carp

if i caught big fish every cast i get bored i think and start playing golf and chase perfection :D

good idea

the idea of 3 or more baits is that the the carp have problems ejecting it , last week i was getting the odd bleep and i just wondered if they were ejecting my bait with out being hooked thats when i read about this rig and thought i wondered if anybody esle had tried it, cheers

fishing wed 36 hrs and am going to give it ago will let you know how it goes

Guest Anonymous

My opinion is that you would have trouble getting the fish to pick it up in the first place! not really natural is it? how many boilies do carp suck in that are attached to 3 others?

thats the bit that would worry me

the hook is the bit i want the fish to pick up so less on it the better

i use fake baits a lot with pva bag to increase the chance of hooking a fish

but il used at some point as its got potential :D

I seldom use less than 3 x 14 mm baits and have used as many a 5 x 14mm's in France.

I have caught fish as small as 1.5lbs on 3 baits + bream and Tench so if they can take it the bigger ones have no problems.:wink:

Creates excellent anti eject , loads of stuff to rattle around in the Carps mouth.:wink:

Guest Anonymous

I seldom use less than 3 x 14 mm baits and have used as many a 5 x 14mm's in France.

I have caught fish as small as 1.5lbs on 3 baits + bream and Tench so if they can take it the bigger ones have no problems.:wink:

Creates excellent anti eject , loads of stuff to rattle around in the Carps mouth.:wink:

Not saying they cant take it because its to big just saying its not a very natural presentation.

Only time i've used this type of method was done with 3 tiny pineapple pop ups cut down to look like corn...i did it because i ran out of the real stuff half way into my session! Any way it worked ok (2 commons both around 9lb) but i had worries over the presentation so have not used it since.

I gotta say i think using 5 big boilies is going a bit far...I'd rather just put on a big donkey choker.

Not saying they cant take it because its to big just saying its not a very natural presentation.

Whats natural????? How many snails do they pick up that are stuck to stones, bits of weed etc.? How about an 8" lob worm?

It's food and a good sized portion, so all they will want to do is get it down their neck.:wink:

Guest Anonymous

Whats natural????? How many snails do they pick up that are stuck to stones, bits of weed etc.? How about an 8" lob worm?

It's food and a good sized portion, so all they will want to do is get it down their neck.:wink:

Only my opinion but i'd say 1 boilie was most natural, when a carp picks up your free baits/boilie's these are not joined to 3 or 4 others are they? therefor 4 boilies on a hair is not natural imo.

Only my opinion but i'd say 1 boilie was most natural, when a carp picks up your free baits/boilie's these are not joined to 3 or 4 others are they? therefor 4 boilies on a hair is not natural imo.

I know what your saying, but how different is the hook bait already? it's heavier (due to the hook) and it's attached to a hook link of some sort.

multiple baits are far more difficult for the Carp to deal with ejection wise than a single bait are are different to what most anglers are doing eg single baits;)