weight shot or putty

crafty44carp

I personally choose a clip on weight that Fox make that comes in various sizes, the bonus of this is it doesn't damage the line, and can be moved easily.

Spot on mate, I use them for the very same reason, absolutely no line damage and you can reuse them time and time again.

I also use Putty all the time, as Tony has said with putty you can get it as critical as you like, plus with weights if the fish runs through weed or into a snag the shot can slice through the hooklink, this is what made me change to putty in the first place didnt quite happen but come very close to it. :wink:

I also use Putty all the time, as Tony has said with putty you can get it as critical as you like, plus with weights if the fish runs through weed or into a snag the shot can slice through the hooklink, this is what made me change to putty in the first place didnt quite happen but come very close to it. :wink:

That's why I switched too. still carry a tub of shot with me though (Great for the catapult when Jakes playing with you line's :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::wink: )

That's why I switched too. still carry a tub of shot with me though (Great for the catapult when Jakes playing with you line's :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::wink: )

I'd have thought bivvy pegs and a mallet would have done a better job :wink:

Depends!

I often use Olivettes held on the hooklink either with the Rubber that comes with them, or a Piece of Amnesia threaded inside them, and if that is not enough weight then add putty onto it.

If I'm using a Combi Rig then its putty on the Knot, or sometimes I prefer putty on the Hook eye itself.