braided or flurocarbon hooklinks?

leeboy728

Guest Anonymous

the only problem i find with braid is the tangles, but they can solved nearly all the time, i have never used coated braids but i have heard lots of good things about them, braid is also better for the presentation of your baits due to its subtleness :P

Guest Anonymous

been using normal braid for yrs just changed to korda iq its the real thing lays perfect on the bottom no more tangles just loads of money £13.95 for 20mtrs

i have used snake-bite for five years and it is the ultimate hooklink. it has amazing abrasion resistance due to the outer coating. the coating can be peeled back for versatility and for use with pop ups. it is excellent for snag fishing. makes a great stiff rig.

why everyone doesnt use this hooklink material i have no idea.

Colour variations between inner braid and outer core mainly etc.Hybrid has a fluorocarbon coating where as Snakebite has a brown/gold outer coating I think.Super Mantis is nearly identical to Snakebite apart from it's diameter in that it's a lot thinner.

I use Camo skin as well,the only difference between Camo and Heavy skin is that the inner braid in Heavy skin is white as opposed to the green braid which matches the coating on the Camo skin.

There's numereous differences in coated braids and a lot is down to personal preference but they nearly all perform the same.

Dave,all decent coated braids come with rig/use suggestions inside with diagrams.:)

Morning Lads,

Purkis, how you doing? Snake-Bite the ultimate!! ?? Sorry mate, but it's like old rope, the new generation of hooklinks Stealth etc are far thinner, have more knot strength and abrasion resistance and are better coloured - not all shiny like the bite!

Yes the Scorpion is a bit different - I had this hooklink idea manufactured 3+ years ago, but decided NOT to market it, that may have been a mistake! Ronnie Buss has / had all of the samples as he loved it.

Just wait though until you see the new hooklinks that I've got coming out towards the end of the year (theres a sneak preview in this weeks Anglers Mail) it's taking hooklinks to the next level - again!

Cash

Yeah, Stealth is excellent.

I only us two braids, Supa Nova and Stealth Skin, i think they are probably two of the best on the market.

Have'nt used the Scorpion yet, giving it a go this weekend.

Also have'nt used the new Hybrid, think i'll be giving that ago in the future months:D

• 6 months later...

currently i use 15lb korda iQ (flurocarbon) for my hooklink but i dont know weather to change to braided hooklinks coated or not? which one would you recomend ?? i dont think that flourocarbon lays flat on the bottom either, does anyone know from expierence?

I noticed this last night - tied a rig then put it in the sink, clearly loops up underwater.