Leicester/Coalville - Heather Clayhole

couldnt find any details about this apart from googling and finding its Ibstock Angling Association water. Does anyone have any more info on this place? Might go and scope it out tomorrow. Somebody told me its done a 30, but found a PDF on same google search showing a new lake being dug and loads of small stockies going in. This pdf also said the orig lake was dug in the early 1830's. Apparantly theres also somewhere called Truckers Holt close to here, so dont know if they were getting mixed up about the 30. Any info on Truckers Holt also appreciated.

And yes, I did try the search function before posting, but couldnt find anything :lol:

ossuss, where is this fishery, exactly? I may be able to help as my neice and her husband live in Heather, at the top of the hill. From their house you can see two fisheries, one each side of a road. Apparantly one is a syndicate and the other is day ticket.

Let me know and I'll ask the questions for you.

Ian

I only live in measham and am allways on the lookout for new lakes too.

I think the one in HEATHER is run by a tackle shop nearby and is mainly a match lake.

There is another mush larger lake nearby again a day ticket i think but they dont allow boilies etc.

I can tell you anything you want about tuckers holt, my dad lives over that way and has a season ticket so i fish it a bit. 24ish acres and absolutely full of fish mainly singles, although the bans are getting rediculous :lol::lol: They also do season tickets.

Fish to low 20s but mainly just little good looking mirrors, good if you want to bag up and dont mind bending the rules a bit!

If you're still interested in it just ask anything :wink:

As for the other water i'm looking into it aswell, would be nice to find any info on it

I only live in measham and am allways on the lookout for new lakes too.

I think the one in HEATHER is run by a tackle shop nearby and is mainly a match lake.

There is another mush larger lake nearby again a day ticket i think but they dont allow boilies etc.

Rangler, as you live in Measham you will know the pools either side of the road past the M42 bridge, having turned off the High Street by the garage full of Rolls Royces. They look half decent. What's the score there?

Ian

Well I heard from another angler at a 'match' type venue (Makins) where i was trying to winkle a few barbel out. Dont know what lake he was on about, so did a search on Google, and found a pdf at ibstock dot com. Thats where i saw the 2 lakes etc.

Had a flash earth look, and saw the brick works with a bare lake and a bigger, well grown in place, so assume thats the old one with the older fish in. Think that might be the one you are on about welder. You know any more about the syndicate or stock? Was hoping somebody would tell me theres some big old commons in there!

Dont know if the regulars have seen this yet (Courtz? Mr Branno? Mr Taylor?)

Its probably either locked down in a syndicate if theres anything to speak of in there, or if its Virgin (wish wish), I rekon an approach to the owner for a carp.com syndicate might be on :lol:

edit: was a bit slow there Courtz and Welder :lol:

You thinkTruckers Holt might be one for the future Courtz? Sonds a nice size to grow on some fish. Is it weedy/silt/clay/gravel? I'd be interested in going after some of the twenties there - is it day ticket? nights allowed?

Ok welder well the lake to the left is mainly a pike lake and the one to the right is called the "Lodge lake" (I think) if you want more info on them its best to call Bridge Tackle shop in measham and ask for Dave he will be able to give you more info on them.

I've never fished them.

I know tuckers holt, big lake, dont allow traditional carp baits though , e'b NO boilies, etcetc

• 1 year later...

alright mate ! heather clay pool is 6 pound a membership or something like that from ibstock tackle shop, but you have to get a licence to fish for the carp. Also the pond isnt even worth it!!!!!!!! the matchmen win their 6 hour matches on 5lb or 6lb worth of fish and the carp havent been stocked for 45 years but the biggest is a 28lb common.. tuckers is a good place near to shackerstone but it is full of weed and regulary used for a match lake with almost every match with 100lb +

couldnt find any details about this apart from googling and finding its Ibstock Angling Association water. Does anyone have any more info on this place? Might go and scope it out tomorrow. Somebody told me its done a 30, but found a PDF on same google search showing a new lake being dug and loads of small stockies going in. This pdf also said the orig lake was dug in the early 1830's. Apparantly theres also somewhere called Truckers Holt close to here, so dont know if they were getting mixed up about the 30. Any info on Truckers Holt also appreciated.

And yes, I did try the search function before posting, but couldnt find anything :lol:

Hi there

Tuckers Holt is a really nice day and season ticket (approx) 14 acre mainly carp runs water in Heather, Ibstock. Please see link:

http://www.ibstocktackle.co.uk/tuckers-fishery-3-w.asp

There is a maximum two rod rule and a limited number of night tickets available (I’ve got one). The water is spring fed and crystal clear with depths ranging from 6 to 28ft. The stock is very impressive with (according to the bailiff, Nev) 2000+ carp. I’ve fished it for the past three-four years and have seen the carp growing year on year. The average is around 8lb and the largest one I’ve had is 16lb but they are very good looking and well conditioned fish – scale perfect commons, linear mirrors, some ghosties, Crucians and the odd fully scaled and about 5 koi to 10lb.

Please note, they don’t allow bollies or pellets!

Hope this helps, cheers & slack-lines

alright mate ! heather clay pool is 6 pound a membership or something like that from ibstock tackle shop, but you have to get a licence to fish for the carp. Also the pond isnt even worth it!!!!!!!! the matchmen win their 6 hour matches on 5lb or 6lb worth of fish and the carp havent been stocked for 45 years but the biggest is a 28lb common.. tuckers is a good place near to shackerstone but it is full of weed and regulary used for a match lake with almost every match with 100lb +

struggling to see how a 28 common is not worth it?? also 45yrs on from last stocking of carp and a fish of that size......healthy stock and obviously successfully spawning....would say it is worth it :wink:

• 4 months later...

hi guys, ive just moved to measham,

just found this thread, im looking for some local spots, ive spotted the willesley lake in ashby on google earth, thats the closest think i can see to estate lake type fishing not much info tho.

there seems to be loads of spots in the area seen from google earth but hardly any info.

i spotted a wot looked like a complex but turned out to be a local heath spa ponds.....tho dunno if you can fish em

ive found a few on the net too, duno if anyones fished them

Peatling pools

groby fishing lakes (now called old hall farm)

id appreciate any local info

cheers

chris

• 2 months later...

Hi guys just read all the posts here and have info on all. Tuckers has opened up a carp syndicate with boilies and night fishing allowed its 100-150 a season. The others waters mentioned are(the one with the thread mentioning new ponds) is Ibstock brick. 2 ponds one mixed with lots of singles up to high double other mixed silver fish this is 15 quid a year but 200 members and still a waiting list!! you hand in a photo with contact details on at the brick works to go on list. the other water mentioned with the 28lb common is heather pool. Mainly a match water with a carp syndicate for carping and night fishing limited to 20 members with a waiting list and no one ever gives up their ticket!! Also the 28 common is dead and the biggest fish now in there is a 22 common and a 23 mirror thats it for 20s lots of smaller carp in there around 12lb mark. all the originals are now dead the floods of 2007 finished the last 5 or 6 off as some bad stuff came in from the river sence.