New Rig invention ?

chrisa112

Hi

can you tell me if youve seen a rig like this before and if it would prove better than other designs ...

its based on the ''D'' Rig but because i dont have the nessecery tackle to amke it i came up with this .... the end of the hair is looped back on the hook and the knot and hook is covered in tubing leaving the hook point exposed

Pics below :

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Thanks for reading :D i dont mind if you tell me this is a rubbish idea :P:D

<> Chris

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it had crossed my mind that the tubing might hinder hooking potential but its needs little tube to help stop the hair loop from slideing :S :D but yes it is very much like a D rig :D:D

BTW the hook that ''looks like a razor'' ( :D ) is a ESP Raptor size 7 :D

thanks!

<>Chris

in response to carpinod150 - yes the hair could slip off but if - as i have now down - you tuck the hair btween the two bits of tubing its catches against the tubing on the shank - i have also trimmed down the tubing to increase hooking potential - ill post a pic tomorro of it !!!

just to say i think this is only good for a pop-up!!

<>Chris

You are joking right.............

Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but that is the worst tied rig i have ever seen.

I think you should watch some of the Korda Underwater Vid's.

I think your rig will catch fish, but not many.............

Too much tubing, loop will fall of the end when bait rotates......

Sorry but no.....

You are joking right.............

Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but that is the worst tied rig i have ever seen.

I think your rig will catch fish, but not many.............

Too much tubing, loop will fall of the end when bait rotates......

Sorry but no.....

Mate, you ever heard of constructive critisism? Jeez, give the guy a break!

Why ? All they teach you is how not to fish a hard gravel bottom. :roll:

At least there's some lateral thinking going on here. He's already said that it's a pop up rig and i personally think that it would still work with a bait on the deck. :)

Besides what part of it is badly tied ?

Like you say , not having a go just asking some questions :wink::D

I give him 10 out of 10 for trying.

That is what it is all about trial and error, and god have we all made some errors in the past, myself included.

But does it look right...........

If there is any doubts about it, don't go with it.....

But as i said sorry, i always say what i think.. :wink:

top marks for trying , but the tubing on the hook is a hinderance , makes the hook even heavier ,also dont think hook will set home properly ,

i would lose the tubing , tie the smallest rig ring onto end of hair ,thred that over shaft of hook , then if u wanted put saty 3or 4 mm piece of shrink tubing on bend of hook to stop hair ring going past

How do the mechanic's of this rig increase your chances of a run,over the standard d-rig,i just cant see it. what can you achieve on this rig that is any different action wise than a standard hair rig with silicone tubing holding the boilie tight to the first bend on the hook,other than overcomplicating it :?: because; the hair goes through the middle of your boily not allowing it to slide very well if at all; so it just holds the boily in one position?Just a question,to provoke a more analytical approach to your rigs,which in turn will make you the thinking angler,and more successful in the long run,cheers, not having a go

>like this but boily tighter to the hook

How do the mechanic's of this rig increase your chances of a run,over the standard d-rig,i just cant see it. what can you achieve on this rig that is any different action wise than a standard hair rig with silicone tubing holding the boilie tight to the first bend on the hook,other than overcomplicating it :?: because; the hair goes through the middle of your boily not allowing it to slide very well if at all; so it just holds the boily in one position?Just a question,to provoke a more analytical approach to your rigs,which in turn will make you the thinking angler,and more successful in the long run,cheers, not having a go

hair04hi1.jpg

img2804wb1.jpg

just move the silicone up tighter!!

Thanks for the tips :D

I was just trying to think of a diff approch :S :D

i understand what was said about the tubing being a hinderence so heres my final attempt at this kind of rig :S

(Pics below)

IMG_2809.jpg

Ive put the tubing thatwaso n the shank over the hair and nicked the tubing ( through the hair loop) with the hookpoint - this stops it coming off the hook and stops its bending under the hook shank ....

<>Chris

P.S - if i had a float stop this would be alot easier :D :D

Thanks for the tips :D

I was just trying to think of a diff approch :S :D

i understand what was said about the tubing being a hinderence so heres my final attempt at this kind of rig :S

(Pics below)

IMG_2809.jpg

Ive put the tubing thatwaso n the shank over the hair and nicked the tubing ( through the hair loop) with the hookpoint - this stops it coming off the hook and stops its bending under the hook shank ....

<>Chris

P.S - if i had a float stop this would be alot easier :D :D

To be honest mate that bit looks a mess :shock:But your get there in the end :twisted:

Actually, I can see that working, because as the carp sucks in the bait, the hook will follow, just behind, at the right angle to hook the fish. I think this would work best with a critically balanced bait, 'coz I think a pop up would mean the hook would float in the top of the mouth, a bottom bait would drag along the bottom, which may catch hold, but the critically balanced means the bait would be above the hook, with the hook hanging down.

Heres a tip, get a piece of straight pipe about the diameter of a carps mouth, then cut the end so its about a 45 degree angle, and stick some small strips of foam on the angled end of the tube, on the inside where the fishes lips would be. Lay your rig out in a fishtank, then put one hand over the straight end of the pipe, so it's airtight, then position the 'mouth' over your rig, and move your hand, as the water rushes in to replace the air the rig will be sucked in, and you can see how effective the rig is in a real(ish) situation. If you didn't understand that, you never will, it's hard to explain :lol: