Best rig for carp fishing

crazycaster

The best all-round rig has got to be just a simple hair rig tied out of a thin mono or soft fluro hooklink- beginers to the most advanced carpers in the buisiness can catch on it and can be used practicaly anywere on any bottom, you just change the length of the rig or hair to suite :)

Everybody adjusts their rigs to suit their fishing situation to make it better for that situation, after all, all carp rigs are just variations of the original hair rig arent they - a hook with bait coming of it somewhere :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What gets me is that, anglers always blame their rigs if they are not catching. When i expect is its not their rig, its their location that is all wrong. Get your location right whilst fishing with a decent bait and im positive that 90% of the time you will catch with a standard, simple knotless knot arrangement.

And that is a fact!

When anglers have to resort to tying the flashy rigs with all the whistles and bells on it (which the majority of the time have been devised for a certain fish, in a certain lake, for a certain fishing situation), then maybe they should think again about trying to be fishermen :wink:

What gets me is that, anglers always blame their rigs if they are not catching. When i expect is its not their rig, its their location that is all wrong. Get your location right whilst fishing with a decent bait and im positive that 90% of the time you will catch with a standard, simple knotless knot arrangement.

And that is a fact!

When anglers have to resort to tying the flashy rigs with all the whistles and bells on it (which the majority of the time have been devised for a certain fish, in a certain lake, for a certain fishing situation), then maybe they should think again about trying to be fishermen :wink:

A bad workman blames his tools, not his lack of skill :wink:

And that is a fact!

A bad workman blames his tools, not his lack of skill :wink:

You are quite right, I do.

Ian

And that is a fact!

There is a very good saying in Life, KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid.

Get the location on and the simplest rig will catch. Most of my fish from this week came on something like this:

A Basic Braid Rig:

Supernovaknotlessknottedrig.jpg

How simple is that?