new bait

coldo

i'm off to a lake in april,the lake for the past 5 years has been fed with quest baits but for this year the owner has switched on to premier baits,would anyone who was going to fish in similar circumstances go onto the premier baits or would they take some quest baits?cheers colin :D

i'm off to a lake in april,the lake for the past 5 years has been fed with quest baits but for this year the owner has switched on to premier baits,would anyone who was going to fish in similar circumstances go onto the premier baits or would they take some quest baits?cheers colin :D
what lake is it?

the reason i posted this question or what i meant to say was because it has been fed for so long on quest do you think the carp will prefer the quest as to a new bait which they have not seen yet? my scottish pb was caught on rahja,what a bait :!:

It mite sound a bit obvious but why not take both :roll:

Its not a money thing at all.....

Lake owners want you to catch....FACT , so they will recommend bait that works on their lake you can choose whether you buy that bait in the UK or actually at the lake & I am sure that the price wont vary greatly.

Lake owners buy bait at trade prices, the same as tackle shops, and will sell them at rrp or maybe less, but we have the logistical problem of getting them back to the UK within 24 hours to freeze.

SOME holiday companies have ties with bait companies & will recommend their bait for ALL their venues, although it is highly unlikely to be successful on each & every one of them.

I would always advise you to check with the lake directly and get their advice then it is your choice where you buy it from.

lake owners want there bait at the best prices they can get and that means they want to pay as less for it as poss FACT !!!!!!!!!! IT IS A MONEY THING

Of course they want bait as cheap as possible they are running a business

But i would think the vast majority of lake owners want their fish feeding on a quality bait that benefits them ,when i was looking to book a trip for this year i found most of the bait prices were no different to the uk ,no doubt the are some who see bait supply as a money maker , there are plenty of waters like that in the uk too, but over all lake owners want a bait thats good for the fish and good for the angler because if he has rubbish bait at a high cost he is not going back is he !

lake owners want there bait at the best prices they can get and that means they want to pay as less for it as poss FACT !!!!!!!!!! IT IS A MONEY THING

Of course they want bait as cheap as possible they are running a business

But i would think the vast majority of lake owners what their fish feeding on a quality bait that benefits them ,when i was looking to book a trip for this year i found most of the bait prices were no different to the uk ,no doubt the are some who see bait supply as a money maker , there are plenty of waters like that in the uk too, but over all lake owners want a bait thats good for the fish and good for the angler because if he has rubbish bait at a high cost he is not going back is he !

Bang on Fenboy :wink:

why do many lake owners stock shelf life boilies,as in my opinion if i owned a lake i would not only NOT stock them but would NOT let them be used on the lake either.storage is never a problem because freezers are cheap to buy nowadays, you are entitled to your views and i mine .on the whole the owners rely on the anglers to feed the fish for the majority of the year.in the colder months i cant imagine owners putting 100s of kg of boilies in a week when they could and do use maize .

I think you will find that 'Most' good fishery owners don't allow shelf life bait and yes there clients do feed there fish through the summer but come the winter they have to feed there fish yes some do feed just Maize but most of my clients chose to feed with a good quality 'Winter feed pellet' that is developed just for feeding carp in low temp's the pellet being based around highly digestible cereals with a better protein content than Maize (Maize 9% protein) with added vitamins which are essential for the carps immune system come the spring.

You are right about shelf life's i would not feed my carp feed like this as the large amounts of potassium sorbet in most shelf life's stops the bait from breaking down and the bait can if not eaten can sit and rot on the bottom which in turn could lead to Ammonia problems.I have seen this many times when i have drained lakes only to find large amounts of rotten shelf life's on the bottom and they STINK.