how many rigs?

spudder

i have about 15 rigs pre tied in my wallet. most of them are simpless knotless knot or with a line aligner (or liner liner as 'starbaits' once said, god i miss that kid). then after the i have about 3 combi rigs, 2 stiff fluro, couple of pop up rigs....... made one anti eject rig last night, but I always use a standard knotlees knot rig anyway.

if it aint broke dont fix it

About 10 but most of them are the same it just saves me hassle during the night.

I either use braid or nylon, and i only have 2 hook patterns i use, bait wise im using the same thing for most of the season so hairs are pre whipped on from dacron. the only changes i ever make are length and if i think im getting done i put a bristle filament anchor bar across the hook and super glue and angle into the first half inch of the line (much neater and far less intrusive than shrinktube :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

..sheesh

Ok, here goes I have over 300 rigs (required in competative carp angling). In South Africa - Snags are a problem in waters where tempo fishing occurs (+800kg over 72 hour session), you loose a lot of rigs and I would probably in one such session loose close to 150 rigs.

On the specimen side the losses are far and few in between and probaly only have 12 rigs ready made

I tie up a few from time to time. I have a selection of rigs ready made and when i get the lake i choose the ones most suited. if i have special situation i will knock up one there and then. I dont use overly complicated rigs anyway most complicated are the fluro to merlin combis to be honest.

• 1 month later...

I tie rigs wen I can't go fishing as well and I also have a habit of rushing off to tie some when I have a sudden moment of clarity after a session and I think I have found the answer :idea: ; never is though, because as we all know there is no one answer to what catches Mr or Mrs carp.

Probably have about 40 tied at the moment- 20 of my favourite combi links in various lengths, hook sizes and hair lengths,and the rest made uo of different 'specials'.

I like to have a few ready tied as I tend to change after every fish- Thank god for qwik links!!! :!::roll::wink: