THE 360 RIG

stevefranco

Yeah, people seem to have this preconcieved idea that its the spinning of the rig that does the damage, when in fact, if damage is caused at all, it is mostly to do with the hook pattern.

A normal rig tied with this style of hook (lets say fox series 5) would still do damage if its played the same way as with the 360 rig

I know a lot of people would disagree about the damage, I think it's Levisgp who has posted before about his views on this, it's actually in the other thread on the 360 rig :wink:

lots of conflicting statements fly round about this rig and hook patterns.

a rig should spin and turn otherwise its a badly developed idea. I dont thin for one minute that frank (judging by his sensible approach to posts and general comments) would commit to a rig unless he was totally confident that it works.....SAFELY. problems arise when you put inexperienced anglers on the end of a rod fishing for pasties, and the biggest disgrace is using it in a barbless form...................barbaric

lots of conflicting statements fly round about this rig and hook patterns.

a rig should spin and turn otherwise its a badly developed idea. I dont thin for one minute that frank (judging by his sensible approach to posts and general comments) would commit to a rig unless he was totally confident that it works.....SAFELY. problems arise when you put inexperienced anglers on the end of a rod fishing for pasties, and the biggest disgrace is using it in a barbless form...................barbaric

Quite correct in your assumptions :wink:

I think the fish comes first,it has to,to the piont where I have turned down the prospect of a huge fish that I knew would be hurt in the fight.

I use the rig knowing that it is safe in my hands,and I only use it with barbed hooks.

coincidently I always use barbed hooks if possible.

sounds like a job worth doing :lol::lol:

elastic band and a pair of snips........................worked on a pig farm when growing up at school.

worst job was doing the stockholm tar when they were nibbling each others tails :wink:

sounds like a job worth doing :lol::lol:

elastic band and a pair of snips........................worked on a pig farm when growing up at school.

worst job was doing the stockholm tar when they were nibbling each others tails :wink:

I was actualy thinking of two legged vermin of various types.

Another to try involves a hyperdermic full of mercury,and a trampoline,compleate with guard so they cannot get of :wink::lol::lol: