pop up rig

giles07

I'm going to go back to the withy rig for pop-up fake corn/maize this winter, coz its worked well for me in the past.

Balanced baits though do work very well also, especially if the hook sits eye end on the lakebed. Or a nice balanced snowman with the bottom bait touching the deck! :wink:

Only trouble with using the real corn under the fake as a balance is if it comes off during flight or whatever, then you could be left with a pop-up way off the deck, the benefit though is some smell attraction.

if im fishing a gravel bottom what height do i want 2 grains of fake sweetcorn poped up if im fishing over a carpet of hemp and sweetcorn on a gravel bottom cheers

billy

Probably the same height as the rest of the bait off the bottom.

In other words if your carpet of bait is about an inch off the lakebed then put your hookbait at the same height :wink::lol::lol::lol:

If you are fishing a bed of bait then don't fish the hookbait off the bottom. Balanced bait on the bottom would probably be far better