chichester pits

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure the 50 is a rumour mate althuogh there are supposedly a couple of 40's in there. and yeh they are in ivy i think although im pretty sure ivy has been joined together with another lake,someone told me that recently.

apparently its being looked after quite well,used to be you couldnt leave your tackle alone for 5 minutes without the possibility of it vanishing,mainly due to the caravan site there i think. its a hard few lakes mate that you'll be sitting my for a while i think! ask at arun angling for more info although there is now a tackle shop on the lake with a phone no.

no idea mate aint fished there for a long time. apparently they are "sorting" the lakes,or some of the lakes,including re-stocking swim building and security measures but what they have done i dont know.its southern leisure i think that runs the lake but im not 100% mate,may be best to just go down have a wander round and ask at the shop there,theres a tackle shop there u get tickets from.

this is a link to fisheries in sussex think it has something bout chi pits on there. -------->sussex lakes

and this was from a search i did :

Southern Leisure

Hi Guys ... Reuben - IF you choose to fish @ Southern Leisure the main target lake would be Vinnetrow Lake - that's the one on the left hand side of the approach to the camp site - there is another lake behind it called Runcton - there is the big lake,Ivy (not fished March to October due to boating etc) and about 5 others.

Vinnetrow lake is becoming more popular for those who are after poundage and not necessarily a lot of action - some swims are "difficult" and there are hazards to negotiate.

My experiences are that the swims need a lot of work on any if not all of the lesser used lakes - climbing a tree looking down onto Runcton it seems the whole of it is a weed bed BUT there is a clear spot on whats known as the gypsy swim (bottom right corner) casting to a clear patch about twenty yards shy of a fallen tree (you can't miss it) which may well be a spot

Ivy lake has a 52 in there - Vinnetrow has GOOD carp to about 48

Runcton to 42 and the others all have carp in up to about 30lb

Oh and i was there last w/e and was charged £5 per day - but the swims were pretty full (?)

not sure about that 52!!!!! think that may be myth.again the tackle shop would know.do a search on here for chichester,pits have been talked about alot before.

The lakes are £5 for 24 hours. The swims are in pretty poor condition, Southern leisure don't appear to be interested in the fishing, which is a shame, there are 11 lakes in total on the complex with public footpaths all the way through, therefore watch your tackle like a hawk. Most of the lakes are badly weeded up, especially Vinetrow!. The best swims on Ivy are by the A27, but parking can be difficult.

not sure if its the A27 mate,useless with rpads but yeh u see them from the motorway,if your driving from chicester -> brighton way then they are on your right,on your left towards chichester,theres a caravan park there too,lots of big lakes.main one being vinnetrow which they have the sailing/canooeing on.

on the other side of the road is another big lake with again decent carp to 40+,used to know a guy called deano who fished there,well of him,and its a hard hard water full of sunken trees and other such delights.

i stand corrected.we had a big argument on here before about there being a 50 in there! all the locals and everyone that actually knew the place all said its sh!t and some guy who claimed to have fished it for years said its absolute ass,he agreed there are 40's in there but not 50's.

and terry hearn? on a pikey haven like chichester pits?????