chichester pits

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i have too add to that is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WELL SAID REUBEN MILLS WOT A F****** C*** I WOULD PERSONALLY GO AND BUY THE BIGGEST CARP HOOK I COULD FIND, TIE ON SOME SUFIX STEALTH SKIN ABOUT 100" OF IT AND PLACE ONE MAHOOSIVE STRINGER THROUGH THE B***A**S HEAD AND PULL LIKE [censored]E THEN YOU GOT ON EBAD SMELLING STRINGER THAT WILL CATCH YOU NOTHING, BETTER TO HAVE YOUR GEAR AND HAVE NO FISH THAN NOT HAVE IT AND NOT CATH HEY!!!!!!!

WWW.STAND-UP-TO-PIKEY-C***S.COM

(not a real site! althouhg i mite make it one!)

what are your views on my newly thought site?

yeh drives me mad mate,all fisheries need to take some serious action,although its mainly on public fisheries but something needs to be done,i aint small by any means go gym 5days a week and box twice a week but i still get paranoid on the bank at night specially on public waters,cant do alot about a bat round the head or someone wealding a knife!! its well out of control the tackle theft from carpers.4 of the waters nearest to me are all "take your chances" waters so i have no choice but to go and stump up like £25+ for 24hrs on a decently run lake.

i am in the same situation and as a young carper i find it hard to fork out £25 a night.all lakes and rivers i can afford im riskin my tackle and myself.

do you know any ways of protecting myself and tackle on the bank at night .

also if my tackle was stolem on the bank would my insurance pay up

as far as protecting yourself? that i cant help with,i now sleep tooled up which i hate having to do,peacefull night on the banks all im after. you can get motion sensor alarms that u put outside your tent which will alert you but i would expect they would probably go off all night and not be very good,could always attatch your pod etc to some line and a bite alarm incase someone tries to nick your stuff while your sleeping or tie your pod etc to one of those rape alarms where u have to pull a pin out which would scream off if they didnt see it,but apart from that not really mate,would just suggest fishing lakes that are locked up but like u said theres a price to pay with that. and if someone does wake u and they are tooled up mate there [censored] all u can do about it !! and as far as your insurance,most companies will not cover it,i work for Norich union so know a little about it,depends on the cover you have and if you have the fishing stuff specified on your insurance.

you can buy fishing insurance from a few different companies,but mine was like £200 to insure for the year so a little unsure about getting that but its the only way to have peace of mind on the bank,that way if someone nicks it while sleeping you get it paid for again or if someone wakes u and threatens u you can let it go knowing you'll get new gear :)

• 1 month later...

is this whyke water in cirensester theres loads of water up there and its only 40 bar for the year and if you fish ham pools theres showers and a club house with cheep beer! its a hard water me and my mate done 4 nights i had 4 tench to 9 pound and a 27 pound common my photos on the club house wall my mate done a bit better and had 4 carp to 37 pound and 12 tench! i got a bit off the point then sorry is this the place were you lot say whyke is?

The chichester pits is quite a big complex, i think its got about 9 or more lakes.

The biggest lake is called ivy.It holds carp to 44lb and lots of other fish around the 20lb mark.The lake is attached to two other lakes called triangle and copse.

Vinnetrow is quite a decent size lake and holds carp to 40+.the water holds a carp called pecs which last came out at around 44lb and another called te pig whch last came out at about 35lb.the lake is hard but holds some nice fish.

Runcden is a big lake and i think this is the lake romoured to have the 50lb common in it,i dont know much about this lake but is ment to have lots of small carp in it.

There are other good lakes on the complex but theses are the main ones.

There is a problem with theft,iv heard stories of people being hit over the head with planks of wood and waking up to find all of there tackle gone.I was fishing there a couple of months back and th police warned us about tackle getting nicked coz the week before 4 grands worth of stuff got nicked.If you want some help finding out about the lakes then go to arun angling

:D :D :D

• 7 months later...

hi lads

just to let u know that i fish the pts all the timeand i have had fish up to 49 1/2 pounds so u sayin no that there is no 50s in there if i caught a mirror that ig then i wud think from wen i caught it 2 years ago i wud think tht there is a 50 in there sum were and u can thank vinotro forthat glorious fish

oh and u sayin that u dnt get runs there if ur after runs then i suggest u try east wich is an old trout lake that is abbsolutly crammed with carp i had a ten pound bream there aswell and a 37 common plus countless pasties. heres my top tip for fishing east try van den eyne strawberry pellt 8mm u will not go rong the best place is in the bottom corner right next to the ouse there is a old pontoon still visible stickin out of the water just fsh 10 feet past that with one ro then the rest fish were u please and i promise u . u will have a whale of a time

thats all from melet me know if u want n e more info on he chi pits or n e other waters in hampshire sussex area

steve tight lines boys

• 4 months later...

hi lads

just to let u know that i fish the pts all the timeand i have had fish up to 49 1/2 pounds so u sayin no that there is no 50s in there if i caught a mirror that ig then i wud think from wen i caught it 2 years ago i wud think tht there is a 50 in there sum were and u can thank vinotro forthat glorious fish

oh and u sayin that u dnt get runs there if ur after runs then i suggest u try east wich is an old trout lake that is abbsolutly crammed with carp i had a ten pound bream there aswell and a 37 common plus countless pasties. heres my top tip for fishing east try van den eyne strawberry pellt 8mm u will not go rong the best place is in the bottom corner right next to the ouse there is a old pontoon still visible stickin out of the water just fsh 10 feet past that with one ro then the rest fish were u please and i promise u . u will have a whale of a time

thats all from melet me know if u want n e more info on he chi pits or n e other waters in hampshire sussex area

steve tight lines boys

Prove me wrong mate by posting a picture, otherwise bull************ to a 49 1/2 mirror.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

hi mate the best swim on the lake is get a boat and do a night on the island we bagged 12 in one night,but keep under cover cos the bailiff gets a bit up set ha ha,the lake is very hard mate thats why we cheated a bit,as for the 50lb commen i am not so sure??but have seen 30plus commens in there,poss a 40,good luck mate your going to need it