Info needed on 2 x custom made rods please.

24 minutes ago, ChrisDredd said:

Hi guys, i have 2 custom rods, they are very well made, all fuji, they dont have a makers name just "Genesis 2" I would like to know who made them, how rare they are and a valuation if poss. Many thanks. Chris.

gene21.jpg

gene22.jpg

gene23.jpg

gene24.jpg

From memory Genesis carp rods were made by Maver.

Any more than that I don't know.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

From memory Genesis carp rods were made by Maver.

Any more than that I don't know.

Thanks mate, just run a google search and found that they are definitely not those Maver ones, they never made a Genesis 2 and their rods are completely different. Cheers anyway.

Edited by ChrisDredd

Somebody on an FB page mentioned that they could be Terry Eustace Gold Label, I ran a Google search and the only reference I could find was an old add, still listed on Google but now gone from gum tree for a Terry Eustace Gold Label Genesis 3 carp rod, no pics on Google though. These must be as rare as the proverbial stuff that come out the rear of a Rocking horse.

54 minutes ago, ChrisDredd said:

Somebody on an FB page mentioned that they could be Terry Eustace Gold Label, I ran a Google search and the only reference I could find was an old add, still listed on Google but now gone from gum tree for a Terry Eustace Gold Label Genesis 3 carp rod, no pics on Google though. These must be as rare as the proverbial stuff that come out the rear of a Rocking horse.

Okay cokey, if they are Terry Eustace Genesis rods, you are looking at circa 2003, which is probably why I couldn't recall Terry Eustace. The quality of his rod builds was second to none.

I think he used Conoflex blanks.

11 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Okay cokey, if they are Terry Eustace Genesis rods, you are looking at circa 2003, which is probably why I couldn't recall Terry Eustace. The quality of his rod builds was second to none.

I think he used Conoflex blanks.

Cheers pal, I've now been told definitively that they are Bruce Ashley blanks not Terry Eustace. Have you heard him? 

Plot thickens.......so I've been told they are definitely a Bruce Ashley rod and are built on Harrison Ballista blanks! Looks like I got there in the end. Thanks for all your help guys.

47 minutes ago, ChrisDredd said:

Cheers pal, I've now been told definitively that they are Bruce Ashley blanks not Terry Eustace. Have you heard him? 

Bruce Ashby used mostly Harrison blanks but also built Conoflex and Century rods.

Genesis does not come up on Bruce Ashby, but does on Terry Eustace with posts about Genesis rods on a few other forums like maggotdrowners and fishingmagic as well as the Gumtree advert

I thought they were Bruce Ashby but I couldn’t find any references by him to genesis model

so put it down to an old age memory fart

alot of Bruce Ashby rods were sold through the tackle box 

you could ask them 

Edited by framey