Vitalin

4 hours ago, wiseyqpr said:

Hi all, can't seem to get vitalin anymore, think it's discontinued, is there a substitute to make into balls for baiting up without a spomb,or can it be copied , ingredients wise.cheers.

Go onto Ebay and look at item number 334778194103. There's a guy selling original format Vitalin in various sized bags, to suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Screenshot_20240515_195505_edit_8197028369257.thumb.jpg.d434271200d555b588d0e5a434738978.jpg

This is the original ingredients,

I would have a look and see what ingredients you can find from this list and make your own, you could maybe add some groundbait or whatever to help it bind if required. And just add some other goodies too to make it unique. 

Skinners do some dog foods very close to Vitalin. 

The one to look out for was Skinners Field and Trial in an orange bag, but annoyingly they have changed their packaging.

It is very rich in molasses so sticky.

Other than that, try a mix of rolled maize, rolled oats, Layers mash and a ground dry dog food.

On 18/05/2024 at 07:57, salokcinnodrog said:

Skinners do some dog foods very close to Vitalin. 

The one to look out for was Skinners Field and Trial in an orange bag, but annoyingly they have changed their packaging.

It is very rich in molasses so sticky.

Other than that, try a mix of rolled maize, rolled oats, Layers mash and a ground dry dog food.

Is it this muesli mix? 

https://www.skinners.co.uk/product/muesli-mix/?_gl=1*tyh59t*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxqayBhDFARIsAANWRnSEUhHZN4M5OrSBOyxzjo2DtpzVAia-DNEMXNltS1xopqKp6OjxU0waAiQ0EALw_wcB

The orange one is now a biscuit I think. 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That looks like the one.

Thanks.

I actually popped into Gladwells today and completely forgot to look. I was more concerned with picking up mixed pellets and a sack of hemp.

On 15/05/2024 at 14:35, wiseyqpr said:

Hi all, can't seem to get vitalin anymore, think it's discontinued, is there a substitute to make into balls for baiting up without a spomb,or can it be copied , ingredients wise.cheers.

After going through some of my old posts I've just remembered one of my favourite groundbait bases. Go into your local animal feed supplier and look for Molassed Rabbit Mix, there are various brands available, some are more Molassed than others.

While it is vegetable based, the molasses is an attractor, and it is a good base if you add flake maize and a few pellets.