Tench

B B

• 5 months later...

The syndicate carp lake anglers have been keeping any Tench they catch and transferring them to  the two course lakes must have had around 15 to 5 lb ish put in there so far. 

I used a 10ft feeder rod 8lb main line and 6lb hook length in the summer months go up to 8lb  12-14 hook this handles the carp which average 8-10 lb ok but had them to 14lb 

Occasionally I put a second rod out which is a 8ft spinning rod almost like a fly rod action which can handle the carp to, use that with a half oz bomb…. Not much weed at the lakes and so much fun.

My pb tench is 7lb ish but that was on carp gear had it at the carp society horseshoe lake a male fish.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/03/2024 at 21:03, crusian said:

Hi B B

What gear did you use please , i.e. line strength , hook size , etc please ? .

Ta .

😃

My tench gear is 1.75lb test curves, 8 or 10lb line, 6lb hooklinks and hooks between 8 and 12.

I do love lift float fishing for them, one or two on buzzers and one on the float.

Tench are a lot more wary than carp, so longer hooklinks, smaller baits, sweetcorn, maggots, worms or smaller boilies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2024 at 10:18, salokcinnodrog said:

My tench gear is 1.75lb test curves, 8 or 10lb line, 6lb hooklinks and hooks between 8 and 12.

I do love lift float fishing for them, one or two on buzzers and one on the float.

Tench are a lot more wary than carp, so longer hooklinks, smaller baits, sweetcorn, maggots, worms or smaller boilies.

Thanks very much fellas , but what if the Tench could get into double figures would you still go with 6lb hooklinks ? .

On 13/03/2024 at 00:17, B B said:

The syndicate carp lake anglers have been keeping any Tench they catch and transferring them to  the two course lakes must have had around 15 to 5 lb ish put in there so far. 

I used a 10ft feeder rod 8lb main line and 6lb hook length in the summer months go up to 8lb  12-14 hook this handles the carp which average 8-10 lb ok but had them to 14lb 

Occasionally I put a second rod out which is a 8ft spinning rod almost like a fly rod action which can handle the carp to, use that with a half oz bomb…. Not much weed at the lakes and so much fun.

My pb tench is 7lb ish but that was on carp gear had it at the carp society horseshoe lake a male fish.

17 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks very much fellas , but what if the Tench could get into double figures would you still go with 6lb hooklinks ? .

I'd probably be going to 8lb maybe even Kryston Jackal in 20lb. Sounds heavy but for a coated braid it is very thin.