last blog would have been joe Morgan’s carp angle 

around the same time 

podcast however 

all the time 

carp fishing baitworks podcast 

Nash 

korda

carp chronicles when he can be bothered to do one and if it’s not”too heavy”

Carp chronicles can be brilliant or headbanging I find. I listened to some of the great debait last night, fried my brain right up and was way too deep for me. 

I like the baitworks one and the korda one depending who's on it, Nash same it always depends on the guests I think. 

My limit now is Carpology articles that pop up on my Facebook feed.

I don't get interested in podcasts, there is no 'structure'. 

I still prefer the written or printed artform of a paper magazine and for me CarpWorld is or was the best with no competition.

I do still get my printed Pikelines magazine from Pike Anglers Club, and have written a few articles for them, which have been published. Also the PAC Facebook page is probably the best angling FB page about. No room for big egos, everyone is equal and everyone tries to help, like we try on here

it’s all the same regurgitated stuff 

how many ways can you tie a ronnie 

try this super duper slip” E “ rig 

how to set up a chod 

here’s a review that isn’t a review because we don’t want to upset the advertisers.

even podcasts now all have the same stories from the same guests 

at least the baitworks ones you tend to get old school anglers who you don’t normally get in the mags etc

14 hours ago, framey said:

it’s all the same regurgitated stuff 

how many ways can you tie a ronnie 

try this super duper slip” E “ rig 

how to set up a chod 

here’s a review that isn’t a review because we don’t want to upset the advertisers.

even podcasts now all have the same stories from the same guests 

at least the baitworks ones you tend to get old school anglers who you don’t normally get in the mags etc

Therein lies the problems.

Reviews for a tackle item, magazines might get the prototype or a full specification model, that when released has been downgraded with cheaper zips or material. If the magazine doesn't give a positive review they can lose the advertising revenue from that manufacturer or brand.

How much money did Nash, Fox, Trakker or whoever pay to the magazine for advertising their products?

Fishing tackle is a Niche market,  as are fishing magazines, so they need to make money from advertising as well as magazine sales.

'How to tie a Ronnie rig' is an article designed to sell bits and pieces, be that Nash, Fox, Gardner and again whoever as most articles include the anglers sponsors, although admittedly Gardner aren't as heavy in that as other brands. I'll say that hand on heart as Richard Gardner asked me for a breakdown on Pro Line, and he was nice enough to send me a few spools to test, which I did so honestly.

A lot of magazine articles are 'I kept baiting 'swim a' for weeks while moving around the lake then decided the time was right to fish it and on the second night I had Lucky Lucy at 46lb...'

I think the current breed of magazine writers are numbers orientated for only big fish, moving from water to water to catch only Lucky Lucy, The Big common from Bluebell, The Pet, The Chestnut, The Big Lin etc.

Every baiting pattern, groundbait, particles, Spombing/spodding, PVA stringers, bags or mesh can only go round in circles.

'Real carp fishing' where the average angler can only fish waters within his catchment area, or waters where the carp might only just reach 25lb if he is lucky are ignored by most writers, with a couple of exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, it's been going for years, from the days of Kevin Maddocks and Carp Fever, even Jack Hilton wanting to fish for Big fish, but they were exceptions rather than the norm, and carp fishing was in its infancy.

I actually still read my Carp Fever and The Carp Strikes Back, they can be reread, many modern books are read and shelve.

The modern angler in many cases is a parrot rather than a thinker, they follow fashion, and I'm equally as guilty.

**'Lucky Lucy', I did pick that name out of the air, but if a carp is now named that I will plead accidentally.

I honestly couldn't tell you the names of most of the big fish around the big waters now.