Self take kit

Hi 

I’m looking to invest in a proper camera and tripod to get some decent self takes. There’s loads of second hand DSLRs on Facebook market place, with some being pretty reasonable, but I’m not too sure on what’s good and what’s not.

Anyone have some advise on a decent camera setup?

cheers!

11 hours ago, Carpy1993 said:

Hi 

I’m looking to invest in a proper camera and tripod to get some decent self takes. There’s loads of second hand DSLRs on Facebook market place, with some being pretty reasonable, but I’m not too sure on what’s good and what’s not.

Anyone have some advise on a decent camera setup?

cheers!

@elmoputney would probably put you in a good spot ?...

Not sure what phone you have but some mobiles have excellent cameras on them. I downloaded a whistle camera app. I put the phone in selfie mode so I can see the screen and you simply "whistle" and it takes a pic. 

The reason I downloaded it was because I really struggled to hold the fish whilst I had the remote button in my hand for my camera, daft I know but I just couldn't do it. 

Though if you really want a dslr then most of my mates have Canon camera's and the odd one has a nikon.  What model's I don't know off the top of my head. 

32 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Not sure what phone you have but some mobiles have excellent cameras on them. I downloaded a whistle camera app. I put the phone in selfie mode so I can see the screen and you simply "whistle" and it takes a pic. 

The reason I downloaded it was because I really struggled to hold the fish whilst I had the remote button in my hand for my camera, daft I know but I just couldn't do it. 

Though if you really want a dslr then most of my mates have Canon camera's and the odd one has a nikon.  What model's I don't know off the top of my head. 

Exactly what I do...