korda hybrid

snag

not just you mate, is quite a regular thing with the hybrid which can be a worry. best knot i have found is the rapala knot and forget any swvels, just adjust set up accordingly. got to admit it though mate, once its steamed off proper its a seriously good hookink :wink:

I have also had it snap on me when testing knots :shock::(

How can steaming it make it a better/stronger hooklink?

i just dont use it anymore i would prefer to not take the risk :wink:

have you not been steaming it to tension it up and straighten it up proper mate?? its coated in flouro and needs the heat to hold it straight once out. :?:wink:

have you not been steaming it to tension it up and straighten it up proper mate?? its coated in flouro and needs the heat to hold it straight once out. :?:wink:

Yes mate i have, but that does'nt make it any stronger it just straightens it out, :wink:

Yes mate i have, but that does'nt make it any stronger it just straightens it out, :wink:

:lol::lol: yeah I know mate, never said it made it stronger, just that it does without doubt make it a better hooklink :wink:

You ain't the only one whose had problems with this hooklink:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23882

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=15933

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11856

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=19048

I'm not a fan of any of Korda's gear but seeing as a lot of "names" use it then it's popular with anglers but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole based on personal experience. :wink:

:lol::lol: yeah I know mate, never said it made it stronger, just that it does without doubt make it a better hooklink :wink:

Oh i see, it's still jank though IMO :wink::lol:

The knot HAS to be steamed otherwise it will always break a few mill below this, someone from Korda actually told me this and had no explination to why it happened.

Agree totally. the knot has to be steamed as you are pulling it tight, this makes it neater and stronger, again don't know why it just does.

I use the 20lb korda hybrid and have never had any problems with it. I had no idea the knots had to be steamed, I've always attached it to a swivel using a blood knot and have always just wet the knot with saliva before tightening the knot. The hybrid has never snapped for me. I've never caught any monsters using it, the biggest is about 10-12lb so I don't know if a really big carp would snap it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
TYING A FIGURE OF 8 KNOT WITH HYBRID

The figure of 8 knot is the strongest loop knot we have found to use with the Hybrid material.

YOU MUST TIGHTEN THE KNOT FULLY, here's how to do it.

Form the figure of 8 and semi-tighten .Tie an overhand knot in the tag end, this gives you more grip so that when you tighten the knot both ends are pulled equally. It is important that you take care when using steam, hold the knot over the steam for just 2 seconds.Holding onto both the hooklink tag end and the loop, pull the knot as tight as you can.

DO NOT TIGHTEN IN THE STEAM, THE KNOT WILL NOT PULL DOWN CORRECTLY!

We recommend you copy this when tying any knot in the stiffer coated section, this includes the Grinner and Half Blood knots. Both of these knots, if tied correctly will give you higher than stated breaking strain.

from the korda site

• 2 weeks later...