Okuma 6000 v 7000

I’m struggling to make a decision between the Inception 6000 and T-Rex 7000 for a set of 12ft rods, fishing predominantly upto 70 yds. Clearly, range isn’t a decisive factor, I’m more thinking aesthetics and balance! Plus a significant overall saving of £100 on a set.

Anybody able to help with first hand experience, I’m unable to find any in the flesh.

For Inc6000 enquiries @B B is the man, 

I love my 8k's though although they are quite heavy but they look smart and really are the best reels I've ever owned, 

IMG_20211113_180136_204.thumb.jpg.ec53b5537f71f63670b355c3cd762141.jpg

Personally I like the look of the Inc reels over the t Rex,  okuma reels seem very bombproof and smooth and quiet,  don't think you will regret buying okuma though, quality products, 

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I love my 8k's though although they are quite heavy but they look smart and really are the best reels I've ever owned, 

Personally I like the look of the Inc reels over the t Rex,  okuma reels seem very bombproof and smooth and quiet,  don't think you will regret buying okuma though, quality products, 

Cheers. I’m erring towards the 6000’s. I’m intending to pair them up with my old Sportex 12ft 2 3/4’s, reckon they should complement them nicely.

1 minute ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Cheers. I’m erring towards the 6000’s. I’m intending to pair them up with my old Sportex 12ft 2 3/4’s, reckon they should complement them nicely.

I keep thinking about shorter rods for those times when you just think they would be handy 😂

and when I do I always think Inc6000 to go with them tbh, I am pretty sure they will be decent 

52 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Nice reels 😉

Just had a look at a couple of vids on the Tube the 7000 looks a nice reel and of course is a little bigger and would be slightly heavier. The 6000 can easily handle the distances your after, and Iv had cats up to 22lb using it, nice clutch great line lay with the slow osculation ( which I haven’t seen mention with the 7000 ) got a 5 year guarantee and you can get them around £50 as you know, tho Iv seen them on the go out doors website for £45 last month. What ever your choice is the reels will do a good job and will outlive the both of us … and Elmo lol 

Made the decision to go with the Inception 6000’s. They arrived today and first impressions are very positive. They are light, compact with a smooth clutch and balance the Sportex rods nicely.
Bargain too; £130 for 3, free delivery and a bulk spool of mono which I’ll use as backing. It’ll be nice to have a dedicated set up for each of the 2 waters I’ll be fishing, without having to swop reels between the big water rods and the lighter set-up👍

15 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Made the decision to go with the Inception 6000’s. They arrived today and first impressions are very positive. They are light, compact with a smooth clutch and balance the Sportex rods nicely.
Bargain too; £130 for 3, free delivery and a bulk spool of mono which I’ll use as backing. It’ll be nice to have a dedicated set up for each of the 2 waters I’ll be fishing, without having to swop reels between the big water rods and the lighter set-up👍

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how nice the okuma reels are to use, I honestly can't praise them enough 🙏🙌