Paste and DIY cultured hookbaits

elmoputney

I've been a little bored and been thinking about pastes a lot lately, 

I've decided to try and make some cultured hookbaits , I've taken some citruz wafters, given them a gooing and boosting and I have wrapped them in some paste, next I am going to air dry them for a few days, then probably coat them in a powder of some sort, this is the only paste I have presently but if they work I will make some match the hatch ones also, 

I think paste is probably an underused tactic nowadays and could be quite a fun thing to have a play with this year anyone else ever use paste these days? 

16409593103663330396560602293955.thumb.jpg.c6bba2f5e723d67e86f9fb6d547df9f3.jpg

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've been a little bored and been thinking about pastes a lot lately, 

I've decided to try and make some cultured hookbaits , I've taken some citruz wafters, given them a gooing and boosting and I have wrapped them in some paste, next I am going to air dry them for a few days, then probably coat them in a powder of some sort, this is the only paste I have presently but if they work I will make some match the hatch ones also, 

I think paste is probably an underused tactic nowadays and could be quite a fun thing to have a play with this year anyone else ever use paste these days? 

16409593103663330396560602293955.thumb.jpg.c6bba2f5e723d67e86f9fb6d547df9f3.jpg

I've done the same few weeks ago...even though I've got the Manilla n Krill Active Wafters n Tuff ones. 

I've got some standard 12mm bottom Baits in both flavours, let them dry for few days, pored liquid over em, let that soak in, coated em in the matching Active Mix Powder, then left all to dry. Not checked for about a week now, will do soon. 

Then also done same but instead of pouring liquid over, let the 12mm dry out, cover with thin layer of matching paste, then lightly liquid them and add some Active Mix too.... Proppa pimped Baits I say. 

Edited by Highy

55 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've done the same few weeks ago...even though I've got the Manilla n Krill Active Wafters n Tuff ones. 

I've got some standard 12mm bottom Baits in both flavours, let them dry for few days, pored liquid over em, let that soak in, coated em in the matching Active Mix Powder, then left all to dry. Not checked for about a week now, will do soon. 

Then also done same but instead of pouring liquid over, let the 12mm dry out, cover with thin layer of matching paste, then lightly liquid them and add some Active Mix too.... Proppa pimped Baits I say. 

Sounds like a good idea to me, can't hurt to give yourself a bit more of an advantage, that active mix groundbait is good stuff, I will probably coat them in that as I still have some in the garage 

A tactic I used years ago was to coat boilie in the base mix powder.

After drying cover the boilies in whisked egg and liquid food and then drop into base mix and give them a shake around until they are covered in the base mix, possibly a quick roll in the hand to even out the powder, then allow to dry.

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

A tactic I used years ago was to coat boilie in the base mix powder.

After drying cover the boilies in whisked egg and liquid food and then drop into base mix and give them a shake around until they are covered in the base mix, possibly a quick roll in the hand to even out the powder, then allow to dry.

Thanks nick that's a good idea I think adding the egg might work better for sticking the powders to the outside of the bait I've noticed they can just wash off if they aren't prepped that well 👍

51 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks nick that's a good idea I think adding the egg might work better for sticking the powders to the outside of the bait I've noticed they can just wash off if they aren't prepped that well 👍

You can get a couple of layers doing that. 

As the egg dries it gets quite hard, but because it is not boiled gradually softens in the lake.