Heapey lodges/ Wigan anglers association

Hi all, 

Just joined Wigan anglers so I can fish heapey lodges in Chorley. Anyone else a member or fish here in recent years? I used to be a member 10+ years ago. Had my first session on heapey number 2 this weekend just gone and blanked. Still lots to learn I think.

20 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

Hi all, 

Just joined Wigan anglers so I can fish heapey lodges in Chorley. Anyone else a member or fish here in recent years? I used to be a member 10+ years ago. Had my first session on heapey number 2 this weekend just gone and blanked. Still lots to learn I think.

Hi Pablo, 

I'm on the Wigan Night Card Ticket, never even ventured to Heapeys yet, only stuck to Wigan Waters, Figure 8, Fan Lodge... Broke my 7month blank on there at Weekend.... 

On the night Card ticket it's only Fan Lodge & Heapey 2. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi Pablo, 

I'm on the Wigan Night Card Ticket, never even ventured to Heapeys yet, only stuck to Wigan Waters, Figure 8, Fan Lodge... Broke my 7month blank on there at Weekend.... 

On the night Card ticket it's only Fan Lodge & Heapey 2. 

The night ticket is fan and heapey 1, no2 is part of the syndicate now but you can do days only on there, you can also do days only on no3. I've fished no2 a few times very hard water for the carp.

I've had one or two carp out of number 2 many years ago. I've actually never fished number 1 but will definitely give it a go on a day session. I've just been wanting to fish bigger less commercial waters and saw they'd done some peg development over winter and thought I'd rejoin.

A regular that spoke to me on the day said to get on zig rigs. I have to admit I find it a technique that I can't get confidence in.

14 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

I've had one or two carp out of number 2 many years ago. I've actually never fished number 1 but will definitely give it a go on a day session. I've just been wanting to fish bigger less commercial waters and saw they'd done some peg development over winter and thought I'd rejoin.

A regular that spoke to me on the day said to get on zig rigs. I have to admit I find it a technique that I can't get confidence in.

Zigs on no2 quite tricky being 40ft deep and around 16 ft at the shallow end but I think you would have to use adjustable zigs and the same on no1 that being 25ft, but if that's what's catching give it a go mate.🙂👍🎣

Would be interesting to see it empty, when I had the marker float on it was 11ft one minute then 16ft the next. Lots of contours it would seem. I was fishing not too far from the bend about half way along a spot that was 11ft dropping to 16ft coming towards myself. I thought the bottom of that shelf with it being clear and smooth bottom could have been a good bet. Although it is still very cold in the water at the moment, maybe as summer comes on it will pick up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2021 at 13:53, finchey said:

Zigs on no2 quite tricky being 40ft deep and around 16 ft at the shallow end but I think you would have to use adjustable zigs and the same on no1 that being 25ft, but if that's what's catching give it a go mate.🙂👍🎣

You done much on number 1? I'm on there now, got one rod to margins of far tree bank and one in open water just at the edge of the rocks about 6-6.5 wraps. My adjustable zig kits are only due to be delivered today so unfortunately can't give that a go just yet but it's not exactly nice hot weather today anyway so I'll remain confident!!

3 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

You done much on number 1? I'm on there now, got one rod to margins of far tree bank and one in open water just at the edge of the rocks about 6-6.5 wraps. My adjustable zig kits are only due to be delivered today so unfortunately can't give that a go just yet but it's not exactly nice hot weather today anyway so I'll remain confident!!

Only just seen your post if I'd seen it earlier i would of nip up for a chat but going to bed shortly I'm working tonight. 😭                                               i can't really help you mate not actually carp fished there much, spent more time piking, goodluck mate let us know how you get on. 🙂👍🎣

7 hours ago, finchey said:

Only just seen your post if I'd seen it earlier i would of nip up for a chat but going to bed shortly I'm working tonight. 😭                                               i can't really help you mate not actually carp fished there much, spent more time piking, goodluck mate let us know how you get on. 🙂👍🎣

No worries, it poured down all day and I blanked! Nightmare day, got in a bird's nest on the marker rod when I first arrived but managed to untangle it eventually. I did it again right at the end of session though and had to cut off about 70 yards of the braid including the leader, gutted!

Also towards the end of the session I managed to hook into some loose line and reeled my own rig back but then had to pull in the other line by hand... Probably 100 yards of line and a full lead clip and rig set up with lead hook and all on the end of it! 

Got soaked packing up and feel like never going again 😂😂😂

We all have days like that Pablo... Before I give the braid rod a cast I always flick the rod out put the rod tip under the water and reel in wets the line and the eyes..helps with not getting any knots. 
Better luck nx time 👍

9 hours ago, B B said:

We all have days like that Pablo... Before I give the braid rod a cast I always flick the rod out put the rod tip under the water and reel in wets the line and the eyes..helps with not getting any knots. 
Better luck nx time 👍

Thanks! The birds nest that I had to cut off was my own fault really, I was measuring out wraps on the sticks and got over confident reeling the braid back on - reeled very fast and didn't move the rod side to side to each stick and it just dragged off all the wrapped line together. Learnt my lesson there!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Alan Smith said:

Tried to get,into Healey lodges but was met with a large padlocked gate. Is there another way in or am I missing something. 

Hi Alan, yes there's is a padlock, I do know the code but you may have to register on the WDAA website to get the code, (is it not in you members book?) 

Yes this is a recent change to improve security. If you contact one of the committee they will happily provide it. All their contact numbers are on the wdaa website.

It's not in the wdaa membership book as yet as it was only implemented in the last month or so. I think they are considering adding it for next year but not sure what was decided as for security they may sometimes need to change it?