Leaky bivvy

I have a jrc defender 60 inch brolly shelter. I recently bought a overwrap for it so I can do night sessions (when Covid allows). I bought it just before the lock down an set it all up in the garden an found that the overwrap leaks through the stitching where the door can be rolled up an secured. I contacted the company an they said to seal it or I could have my money back. I just wondered what was available to seal it. 

7B6FCE62-B756-420A-A8ED-0A800EC24822.png

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but you are 100% it is a leak, and not condensation? 

Brollies with overwraps do get condensation as the overwrap is still touching the brolly almost all over. 

Pioneer or Pramhood bivvies with overwraps tend to have a gap between the bivvy and wrap, which reduces condensation. 

If you wish to reseal it, I would personally go with Fabsil. A 5litre tin will give you a few coverings. In the stitch holes I would put a dab of seam sealer, probably available from Go Outdoors, Millets or Black, and other camping stores. Once the stitch holes are dried, then a brush or sponge all over with Fabsil. 

A Fabsil coat will make the brolly and wrap a darker colour, and as with all materials will gradually fade over time. 

34 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but you are 100% it is a leak, and not condensation? 

Brollies with overwraps do get condensation as the overwrap is still touching the brolly almost all over. 

Pioneer or Pramhood bivvies with overwraps tend to have a gap between the bivvy and wrap, which reduces condensation. 

If you wish to reseal it, I would personally go with Fabsil. A 5litre tin will give you a few coverings. In the stitch holes I would put a dab of seam sealer, probably available from Go Outdoors, Millets or Black, and other camping stores. Once the stitch holes are dried, then a brush or sponge all over with Fabsil. 

A Fabsil coat will make the brolly and wrap a darker colour, and as with all materials will gradually fade over time. 

I had this problem on a Chub Outkast Brolly System, fine on nights, then the 1st bit of rain, it Poured through the seems, ended up sending back and got the Sonik AXS Brolly and Overwrap. 

20th June 2020....

2nd or 3rd time I've used it last night....1st time rained on it....IT LEAKED 😠😠😠😠

Screenshot_20200621_100727.thumb.jpg.98544f577458a7e4b503457296e31d15.jpg

Screenshot_20200621_100827.thumb.jpg.2c7ecaf035a83f55c9a469574fc06c9a.jpg

Both door seems all way down mainly bottom. Fuming is not the word.

I've taken photos and videos, sent them to T.F.T where I purchased from, also emailed Chub. Rated 10,000 HH. 

Yeah mine was coming in through the stitching from the strapping on the inside the dripping down on to the clip. Think it was the seams an stitching no where else leaked at all. The company suggested fabsil might give both fabsil an seam sealer a go. I had to put a cup under the clip both sides in the end as it was leaving puddles in the brolly. 

3BD6BC40-2868-4CCE-83F7-76FAE90A8390.jpeg