Bivvy

1 hour ago, Lomper said:

I have a budget of around £700 ideally I'd like to spend a bit less than that.

The axs bivvy is another that's caught my eye, seems to be a good buy for the money..

That's a decent budget, The Fox Frontier is probably at front for most, followed by the Pioneer... 

A mate has the Full AXS Bivvy system, I have the Brolly for summer Months, with the overwrap if needed. 

Served me well so far in all conditions, 1 thing I would suggest if you go for the AXS, if you get the Bivvy it come with Groundsheet and poles... The shelter is 1 step down, with the option of adding the infill panel and groundsheet later, poles are an extra too... the Brolly is basically just that with option of groundsheet and poles.but no option to put an Infill panel... That why I got the Wrap us an extra layer... Also would recommend the actual sonik poles. IMG_20200823_060544.thumb.jpg.d810f25afc4506b5ab58d4f98c657f4b.jpgIMG_20201115_154512.thumb.jpg.c23a5af9c44e90124531568ed31656cd.jpg

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

That's a decent budget, The Fox Frontier is probably at front for most, followed by the Pioneer... 

A mate has the Full AXS Bivvy system, I have the Brolly for summer Months, with the overwrap if needed. 

Served me well so far in all conditions, 1 thing I would suggest if you go for the AXS, if you get the Bivvy it come with Groundsheet and poles... The shelter is 1 step down, with the option of adding the infill panel and groundsheet later, poles are an extra too... the Brolly is basically just that with option of groundsheet and poles.but no option to put an Infill panel... That why I got the Wrap us an extra layer... Also would recommend the actual sonik poles. IMG_20200823_060544.thumb.jpg.d810f25afc4506b5ab58d4f98c657f4b.jpgIMG_20201115_154512.thumb.jpg.c23a5af9c44e90124531568ed31656cd.jpg

Mates full AXS bivvy, setup in my back yard. 

Screenshot_20210225_075918.thumb.jpg.58d8db7c7c945fe6049b9e91bc3af6eb.jpg

The price he paid for bivvy, you can get brolly/shelter and wrap now, but also would need 2 poles and groundsheet too... 

Bivvy now around £250( no wrap) 

Brolky/shelter £120ish

Wrap £100 ish

Panel/Groundsheet £40ish

Poles £30ish

Edited by Highy

Forgot about Cyprinus... There's loads good bivvy out there now... 

Cyprinus and Aqua from same Factory?? 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Cyprinus typhoon range look a great bivvy for the money tbh, I have a bunker with 20000mm hh and I love it, I wouldn't mind a typhoon when I grow up 😁

8 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Don't be too sniffy about 2nd hand either... have a look on FB marketplace... loads on there... I picked up a Nash Titan Hide with groundsheet, front panel and overwrap for £200... it was as new... list for that lot is close to £500

Good shout 

with the yearly change to new bivvies you can get a good deal