Fishing English Style.

carpepecheur

A French guy stopped at as he was leaving the lake today. “Any luck?” he asked.

“About half a dozen carp but nothing very big”, I replied “How about you?”

“I was fishing for perch (for the table)” he said “but caught nothing” then he added “I see you are fishing English style “

“Why, because I am fishing on the bottom?” I queried.

“No” he said “Because you are put them all back after you catch them”

19 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

A French guy stopped at as he was leaving the lake today. “Any luck?” he asked.

“About half a dozen carp but nothing very big”, I replied “How about you?”

“I was fishing for perch (for the table)” he said “but caught nothing” then he added “I see you are fishing English style “

“Why, because I am fishing on the bottom?” I queried.

“No” he said “Because you are put them all back after you catch them”

Not surprising really the French eat snails! 🙄 I get asked that question do you eat them?!more than ever in the UK now!! In fact more times than sightings of Harry Potter (otter).

I was on a lake in France bite time was 6pm-6 am then I would bring the rods in and bait up then a cup of proper coffee and set off with a light spinning rod. I was returning  a jack when Madam the owner of the complex came running out of the mist waving her arms cursing in French and could have been a bit of Italian mixed in shouting Nonnnnnnnnn !!! ‘Non fishing English style! I replied in perfect broken French sign language that I wasn’t English but Welsh pointing at the Welsh flag high above my bivvy The good Madam disappeared back into the mist shaking her head and still cursing. We later agreed a bottle of her homemade wine for a jack... The wine was delicious. 

2 hours ago, Big Bass said:

I was on a lake in France bite time was 6pm-6 am then I would bring the rods in and bait up then a cup of proper coffee and set off with a light spinning rod. I was returning  a jack when Madam the owner of the complex came running out of the mist waving her arms cursing in French and could have been a bit of Italian mixed in shouting Nonnnnnnnnn !!! ‘Non fishing English style! I replied in perfect broken French sign language that I wasn’t English but Welsh pointing at the Welsh flag high above my bivvy The good Madam disappeared back into the mist shaking her head and still cursing. We later agreed a bottle of her homemade wine for a jack... The wine was delicious. 

Classic 😂😂🍷🍷🍷

11 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Madam the owner of the complex came running out of the mist waving her arms cursing 

Many years ago, I got banned from a well known trout water in Scotland where we were catching huge pike using trout as livebait. Our offence was not for mistreating their precious trout but because we returned the pike ALIVE.