Not catching

linus1234

Hello

i have been carp fishing now 7 times and caught 3 carp before so i have a bit of knowledge but at the 7 sessions i was at a fishery and i didnt catch anything. I tried popups and bottom baits and also spodding and only pva bags and also changed the colours but still no bites? Dies anybody maybe have some tips or something?

thank you for your help 

The most important part of carp fishing, or any fishing really, you need to be where the fish are. Finding the fish and fishing for them where they are is always key.

You also need to think about presentation, are your rigs effective or not? What’s the bottom like? no point fishing a bottom bait in dense weed. 

baiting approach - smashing a spod over fish that move off the noise is pointless. Maybe a catapult or throwing stick to introduce bait. Some waters they will be attracted to a spomb, others it’s the kiss of death and they’ll not come back.

How much bait you use, unless the fish are really having it off feeding id always start off with a little. You can’t take out what you’ve put in as the saying goes. This needs to be based around stock levels and other species too. 

Venue choice, chose somewhere with high stocking levels so you have a chance of catching more regularly as you’ll be able to learn quicker all aspects of carp fishing. 

Hey

thank you for your answer!

so the fishery seems to be very hard and people are not catching much but i can change the venue on monday again so i will see then.

and when the stock level is low should i feed more or less and when its weedy is a pva bag with a pop up okay?

32 minutes ago, linus1234 said:

Its walthamstow wetlands

I've just had a Google look at the venue. It's a series of reservoirs which are pretty much exposed to the elements and look rather daunting to me.

I'd suggest that you find a smaller, more intimate, water to fish whilst you're establishing a learning curve. Good luck.

Ian.

11 minutes ago, linus1234 said:

Hello guys

just wanted to let you know i tried all the lakes and at the 3rd one i caught a 21pound bream its not a carp but at least i catched something 

thank you for your help

21lb BREAM 😲😲, UK record is 21lb 12oz...so yours must be up there ??

Edited by Highy