Wychwood tactical pod

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I decided against it and bought some ngt screw in banksticks 

The skinflint way to make a single pod set up 😁

I have loads of other stainless bits so have options now 

Have a look at the wychwood web site they do a set of poles to turn a bank stick set up into a pod set up for 35£

24 minutes ago, framey said:

Have a look at the wychwood web site they do a set of poles to turn a bank stick set up into a pod set up for 35£

That looks a good idea, I do quite like the look of the wychwood buzz bars and banksticks too they have some nice features like the bobbin thread hole and the fact you can use them as a goal post or single bankstick set up, maybe once I get bored with the stainless I Will have a look 😁

44 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That looks a good idea, I do quite like the look of the wychwood buzz bars and banksticks too they have some nice features like the bobbin thread hole and the fact you can use them as a goal post or single bankstick set up, maybe once I get bored with the stainless I Will have a look 😁

I’m using the buzz bars 

IMG_20200329_100302.thumb.jpg.7e992375be8b18819533de1046f3c19e.jpg

My stainless bits arrived yesterday while I remembered how stinky winky the quality is just set them up in tip run required corner, I don't think I will like them for long as my buzz bar bag now weighs more than my bed 😁 but quite happy with the rake on the set up and they seemed sturdy enough time will tell but will probably end up wanting to buy some quality items eventually 😅

18 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20200329_100302.thumb.jpg.7e992375be8b18819533de1046f3c19e.jpg

My stainless bits arrived yesterday while I remembered how stinky winky the quality is just set them up in tip run required corner, I don't think I will like them for long as my buzz bar bag now weighs more than my bed 😁 but quite happy with the rake on the set up and they seemed sturdy enough time will tell but will probably end up wanting to buy some quality items eventually 😅

NGT singles ??

6 minutes ago, Highy said:

NGT singles ??

Kind of slight variation on the Std ones you can get,as I am using a goalpost front bar and a narrow buzz bar rear and other bits I had, the quality isn't all that I don't think really needs a proper tap and die cutter set running over them to make them better, the threads are a bit poo on them. 

Probably good 10 ten yarders but I just know they will annoy me 😁

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Kind of slight variation on the Std ones you can get,as I am using a goalpost front bar and a narrow buzz bar rear and other bits I had, the quality isn't all that I don't think really needs a proper tap and die cutter set running over them to make them better, the threads are a bit poo on them. 

Probably good 10 ten yarders but I just know they will annoy me 😁

Black would be good, get em rough sanded, steel primer, then spray em (I would)

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Black would be good, get em rough sanded, steel primer, then spray em (I would)

I may be able to grit blast them at work which might be easier, dunno if I want to paint them black though, not when you can buy black singles it would need to be different 😬😁😉 

I can feel a project coming on 😁

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I may be able to grit blast them at work which might be easier, dunno if I want to paint them black though, not when you can buy black singles it would need to be different 😬😁😉 

I can feel a project coming on 😁

Black Singles (Korda?) Well overpriced, I couldn't find any NGT singles anywhere before I bought the KNX pod, I would of had a go at painting em black too, £30 (ish) pound for singles, I would have done sanding at work, painting also.

May look for some n have ago too 😁

10 minutes ago, Highy said:

Black Singles (Korda?) Well overpriced, I couldn't find any NGT singles anywhere before I bought the KNX pod, I would of had a go at painting em black too, £30 (ish) pound for singles, I would have done sanding at work, painting also.

May look for some n have ago too 😁

Any old black buzz bars would do if you have any? 

Then all you need is the threaded uprights and a couple of small banksticks possibly available in black 

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

There are other ways of making a similar set up in black on the cheap I think 👍 bare with me I'll do some research 

I do like the way they look and how smart, but stability is what I mainly want.

Think I'm gonna stick with Pods, but think gonna go for 3 rod Licence and up my pod the 3 Rod KNX pod.