The ultimate pva bag?

Hi all 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately now I want to try and create the ultimate pva bag mix, I am keen to make this the staple of my fishing year 

Now what I am thinking is a mix of small 2mm pellets, boilie crumb, an active groundbait and I am thinking a mix of a hydroslate and an oil and maybe also some nice powders like a GLM or krill powder or something maybe brococell what i am hoping is the oil will lift this through the water column to boost attraction 

Hookbaits will be pop ups, wafters or plastic baits going to try and keep those small and refined if I can 

I will still spod or fire out boilies around it but I want the bag and hookbait to be the epicentre of the attraction 

What would you guys add to the ultimate pva bag mix? 

For out-and-out attraction you're on the right lines buddy.

The only thing that might be more effective (bearing in mind you're planning on fishing these over a baited area so you already have a general level of attraction) is to ditch the man-made/processed baits altogether and go with a bag of maggots/worms. Of course you can only take advantage of this if nuisance species allow it!

1 hour ago, yonny said:

For out-and-out attraction you're on the right lines buddy.

The only thing that might be more effective (bearing in mind you're planning on fishing these over a baited area so you already have a general level of attraction) is to ditch the man-made/processed baits altogether and go with a bag of maggots/worms. Of course you can only take advantage of this if nuisance species allow it!

Thanks I think it isn't a bad starting point, should have ingredients to draw them in I think from above, and make a little cloud of attraction from the off 

30 minutes ago, framey said:

I like Yonnys 

How about 

salmon fry crumb

green lipped mussel powder

liver powder 

grated belechan block

fish sauce mixed with hemp oil

and crumbed boilie of your choosing for bulking out

wont be cheap though

Salmon fry crumb is going in when I get round to getting some, it's on my radar, as a small extra bit 👍

I have also got some GLM, brocacell, clo, fishmeals and other goodies at home so can add those if needs be 

When you say it won't be cheap, I think the price can be slightly offset by the amount of freebies you use alongside it, as I think if I am looking for a bite at a time I doubt I will use more than a couple of handfuls of boilies over a spot, and I've also decided I might not do a lot of prebaiting this year, as my shifts make it hard to do it regularly, maybe if I see an opportunity to get something going I will, and I might leave a bit in after a session but the key to this plan is to get the bag to do the work for me a bit 🤔😁

Ultimate PVA bag for me, 2mm pellet maybe a bit of boilie crumb if im feeling generous and the hook bait.

Went through the stage of putting loads of stuff in there, making a mix with oils and liquids but at the end of the day, stuff goes off so i dont use liquids, I dont want to be fart assing around at 3 in the morning making bags and adding various bits and pieces. I catch plenty, its all about speed and getting the rods back out as quickly as possible. 10 tied and ready to go bags, If i dont use them, they can be used next time without fear of them going mouldy or anything.

26 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

Ultimate PVA bag for me, 2mm pellet maybe a bit of boilie crumb if im feeling generous and the hook bait.

Went through the stage of putting loads of stuff in there, making a mix with oils and liquids but at the end of the day, stuff goes off so i dont use liquids, I dont want to be fart assing around at 3 in the morning making bags and adding various bits and pieces. I catch plenty, its all about speed and getting the rods back out as quickly as possible. 10 tied and ready to go bags, If i dont use them, they can be used next time without fear of them going mouldy or anything.

Good points made 

My plan is to have the mix ready made dry and in the bucket with 6 or so pre made and just inject the liquids in as and when I use them,not too faffy 😁 obviously I know I will use 3 off the bat so will do 3 first in advance to soak up the liquids a bit , then probably just keep one boosted with liquid ready to go, I dont really want to keep too many spares but just to have enough for while I am fishing the session I am on so will just keep stocks at a required level really 

I've added dynamite shrimp and krill honky groundbait today and some crushed hemp 😁

Im pretty aggressive with my fishing so if i dont get anything in 2 hours i would do a rechuck on all rods. if your on the fish and you get 2 or 3 quick bites your suddenly trying to tie more up whilst trying to keep the rods hence why i do so man. i also find if i get a bleep or 2 and it doesnt result in anything i will redo the rod as 9 times out of 10 i have been done...Can usually tell as my lead is up past the leadcore. Good luck buddy!

10 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

Im pretty aggressive with my fishing so if i dont get anything in 2 hours i would do a rechuck on all rods. if your on the fish and you get 2 or 3 quick bites your suddenly trying to tie more up whilst trying to keep the rods hence why i do so man. i also find if i get a bleep or 2 and it doesnt result in anything i will redo the rod as 9 times out of 10 i have been done...Can usually tell as my lead is up past the leadcore. Good luck buddy!

That is probably something I should consider more tbh,I guess I will find my own natural rhythm eventually with regard to how many I need to tie but maybe a few extra rechucks is a good idea when fishing like this would certainly seem a good idea to keep the baited area fresh ,and especially after bleeps good thinking and thanks I think I need to find a more aggressive mentality in my own approach  👍

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

That is probably something I should consider more tbh,I guess I will find my own natural rhythm eventually with regard to how many I need to tie but maybe a few extra rechucks is a good idea when fishing like this would certainly seem a good idea to keep the baited area fresh ,and especially after bleeps good thinking and thanks I think I need to find a more aggressive mentality in my own approach  👍

Fishing is what you make of it mate, I have a busy work and family life so when i can fish its all work overnighters so i work hard to catch, if i had 24 hours or more i might fish slightly differently. i have found through fishing winters that regular casting helps, Especially with a solid bags as you can cast around to try and locate the fish. if im set on a spot i will be pelting boilies over the top of the solid bag or even spodding. Once you get into the habit with bags you will be tying them up in seconds.....have a little look on Ebay for bags...you can get them very cheap!

3 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

Fishing is what you make of it mate, I have a busy work and family life so when i can fish its all work overnighters so i work hard to catch, if i had 24 hours or more i might fish slightly differently. i have found through fishing winters that regular casting helps, Especially with a solid bags as you can cast around to try and locate the fish. if im set on a spot i will be pelting boilies over the top of the solid bag or even spodding. Once you get into the habit with bags you will be tying them up in seconds.....have a little look on Ebay for bags...you can get them very cheap!

Same here I am usually lucky I manage a 24+session so I think maybe I should consider a more active approach, I don't mind tying them up tbh, not now I have a system and set up that makes it easy to do in advance, 

I got some bags from bank tackle they seem OK tbh and fairly cheap and they don't leave an aftertaste 👍😂😂

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StinkyMink said:

make it easier on yourself - method ball mate

Nah one of the points of making it harder is that most people won't bother 👍

Also I've become quite attached to it of late, and have been doing well, my mix stinks to high heaven and seems to attract them so I'm happy enough it seems to be progressing in the right direction 

But Thanks for the input