Should I be dropping my inline leads?

elmoputney

Should I be dropping inline leads or not?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be dropping inline leads or not?

• Yes
    • No

Sorted it I think, fox leads and tadpoles, the lead will detach from the rubber before the swivel releases, meaning the lead is free running pretty much from the off I think and without an insert , I am pretty confident it will be fairly safe even quick change with a leader 10/10 times the lead pulled before the swivel and I am quite confident that lead wouldn't get stuck unless it was super weedy but then this probably isn't the right set up for that anyway 

15829897343154041372719020234565.jpg

25 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Is there a safe way of setting up a Shokka rig with inlines...? I used to use a bead as the shokka part of the rig, but went over to a straight inline when it was shown that the lead doesn't always  clear the bead in the event of a break...

Not really I think that seemed to  cause most of the problems I tried putty that gummed up in the lead not too keen on putting anything else behind it really would rather it could come off easily is need be, 

Good thing abiut the tadpole sleeve it grips the lead just enough to hold it, but I think any amount of shaking from the fish and it will detach from the sleeve and be free 

I had a chat with the guy in the fishing shop when he saw them in action he said he would change to them from the korda alternative as its a better set up 👍

Edited by elmoputney

Theory.... when a fish takes it's rarely on the lateral... more at an angle....  so.... with that in mind removing the insert and putting a pair of small rubber float tops behind the lead, the line at the point of the take would be on enough of an angle to stop the lead but slimline enough to go through the lead in the event of a break off...?

7 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Theory.... when a fish takes it's rarely on the lateral... more at an angle....  so.... with that in mind removing the insert and putting a pair of small rubber float tops behind the lead, the line at the point of the take would be on enough of an angle to stop the lead but slimline enough to go through the lead in the event of a break off...?

It could work but tbh I think I woukd feel happier with a lead that just run free, the lead should assist the take enough with sharp hooks then in theory the fish wouldn't be able to use the weight of the lead to get the hook out again as it would detach and be a free running lead, that's the theory got to get a take or two to see what happens in practice,