Line lay issue

That looks pretty horrendous. I was chatting in my local tackle shop one day and they told me a story of a bloke who bought a new reel and brought it back a few days later complaining it was utter rubbish as the line was coming off all wrong. They had a few trial casts in the shop and it was as bad as described and they were all scratching their heads as they hadn't seen anything that bad before. One of them finally inquired how he had spooled up and he sheepish admitted that he had wound it all on by hand........and wrapped it the wrong way!

Link

How you spool it on make a big difference. Soak the line for at least an hour as mono's will absorb some of the water and become softer. Some people will tell you to have the spool of line in a bucket with the label side up and reel it on but I prefer to put in in an old narrow ice cream tub filled with water so the spool is trapped in sideways and spins as you reel it in. Trap the line just above the reel with a damp cloth so it goes on under constant tension.

As it stands, I would take the spools off the reels and soak them and then go to a large (quiet) field and lay it out on the ground and reel it back in again under tension and that should alleviate any twist issue.

That line lay looks ok to me to be honest; I've definitely seen worse.

The spool itself is probably narrower central diameter at the back than the front, leading to the what looks like forward tapering.

I gave up on worrying about loading line on reels. I found the easiest method for me is to put the new line in a bucket of water, and wind it through the butt eye on the reel section only, slowly, reeling in between thumb and forefinger. DO NOT reel in fast, take your time. It does not always come off the line spool off the front, sometimes it unreels. It may appear to be twisting, but by going slowly you are pushing the twists up the line, where they unravel.

Baitrunners by allowing line to come off the reel under tension create and cause twist, as does playing fish off the clutch.