Hi guys anyone used the bait room pop ups

Carp123_0

9 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Which is your go to pjpu?

There's a few that have done me well mate. Fishy Peach, Condensed Milk, Devils Dung/Cheese, obviously the Pineapple/Butyric, and I use the none flavoured ones for suspending alternative hookbaits too. But the one that's consistently caught me the rare/special fish is the Strawberry Scopex.

There was a very rare double row lin I had a couple of years ago on them, it hadn't been out for 3 years. A pal of mine was trying to target it so I put him onto the Strawberry Scopex and guess what - he caught it.

I am of the opinion that buoyancy/performance and colour are actually more important in a pop up than flavour, but there is no doubt that Strawberry Scopex has something about it. I've had a few rare'n's on them.

11 hours ago, yonny said:

Tbh @Pete Springate's Guns (I still think that's the best user name ever lol), I'd happily use any of the PJPU's.

I’ve used a few over the years. Plum has been reliable too-usually as a topper/snowman with fishmeals. The only one I failed with is the Nutty Maple. Oh and the Black Beauties were great on a water where foam zigs were banned😉

20 hours ago, yonny said:

Cant be compared bud. The proper jobs aren't cork balls. Cork balls are always better imo, but there are occasions when you need a standard pop up, that's where the proper jobs come in for me.

That’s interesting, Yonny. Do you use Corkballs  and or standard airballs in specific situations? Singles? Over particles, in Bags?

In the summer when I'm fishing boilies I prefer to use a corkball pop up. They provide a proper food signal that cannot be matched by airballs imo. Cork ball pop ups are after all made out of food.

In winter I'm less concerned about a food signal as such, rather I'm looking at giving them something more blatant that they just cannot help but investigate. Airballs are decent here.

I'll also use airballs when birdlife is a problem, when I want to use smaller hookbaits over none boiled baits (which is quite often), when I want to suspend alternative hookbaits such as maggots, and when I want a hi-attract/hi-viz smelly one off the side of the main spot. I'm sure there's other reasons too.

For singles I'll happily chuck a cork ball out but I'm just as confident in a bright smelly airball.

22 minutes ago, yonny said:

In the summer when I'm fishing boilies I prefer to use a corkball pop up. They provide a proper food signal that cannot be matched by airballs imo. Cork ball pop ups are after all made out of food.

In winter I'm less concerned about a food signal as such, rather I'm looking at giving them something more blatant that they just cannot help but investigate. Airballs are decent here.

I'll also use airballs when birdlife is a problem, when I want to use smaller hookbaits over none boiled baits (which is quite often), when I want to suspend alternative hookbaits such as maggots, and when I want a hi-attract/hi-viz smelly one off the side of the main spot. I'm sure there's other reasons too.

For singles I'll happily chuck a cork ball out but I'm just as confident in a bright smelly airball.

Yes, I can follow your reasoning. Certainly in my experience the PJPUs are very good as singles in isolation and particularly so if they need to be out for a long time and whacked out at extreme range. 
Where do you place the likes of the S2-to me they are an out and out attractor bait in cork ball/chip format. Though not as resistant or as buoyant as the PJPUs.

6 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

PJPUs are very good as singles in isolation and particularly so if they need to be out for a long time and whacked out at extreme range. 

Absolutely agree.

7 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Where do you place the likes of the S2-to me they are an out and out attractor bait in cork ball/chip format.

I probs agree with that too mate. Tbh I'd use the S2's in almost any situation other than an all-out baiting campaign (when I'll want to be using a matching recipe), but spring is when they come into their own imo.

5 hours ago, yonny said:

Absolutely agree.

I probs agree with that too mate. Tbh I'd use the S2's in almost any situation other than an all-out baiting campaign (when I'll want to be using a matching recipe), but spring is when they come into their own imo.

Yeah, I bought a few pots of the S2s at the beginning of the year for my spring fishing but a combination of circumstances has written off this season so far! 

On 04/11/2019 at 11:57, yonny said:

So for this time of year a PJPU Scopex & Strawberry in Red , or would you want a more blatant White , Yonny ? .

😃