Snowman

fishingaddict

it can work over weed,as its balanced it fall slower ,sitting on top of the weed.

use a long hook lenght for this to work best ,or any balanced bait over weed,as you dont want the hook pulled into the weed by the lead

or the same for silt

I often use it with a Food Source bait on the hook end of the hair and a Hi-Attract pop-up as the furthest away bait.

It gives the best of both Hi-Attract/hi visibility and also the food source bait on the same set-up.

It has worked well for me with Carp to to 25lbs on it, and often produces when the Food Source Baits on there own don't.

Have used it on clean bottom, on weed and over silt.

• 3 weeks later...

I use it for my canal fishing with good results, in the clearer water i put a HBS superstench 16mm pop-up over an 18mm MTX bottom bait, when the water gets a bit muggy i go for a matching MTX pop-up. You seem to get better hook holds with balanced baits like this and as they are fairly large baits it can sometimes pick out the better fish (allthough i did get a 2lb tench pick up a 16mm and 18mm set up :shock::shock:)

Wurz