E-Bay rod sending?

Dicky123

Has anyone noticed how recently sellers (private) are reluctant to post rods out. They all want collection only, that must put most people off living a long distance away? I've never had a problem myself sending rods (maybe 30 or more to date) but I always use a door to door and signature. It costs but is worth it for peace of mind. Rich.

I got stung recently. A mate had some tackle to sell including a few rods and I put it on e bay for him as he doesn't have an account. Most of it sold and I went to the Post Office and they charged me more than some of them went for! I think it was about £15 an item and some were relatively small sea boat rods. Since they changed things a few years ago by charging more for size than weigh, they are very expensive and can understand which personal collection is more appealing to a seller. I believe there are parcel companies that are cheaper but at the time I didn't realise and when you are in the queue at the counter, you just pay up and seeth later.

G.P.

Rods are proper issue with posting at the moment, so I agree. Parcel Force are charging about £24-£32 for a six foot rod. I agree some carriers are better, but it's finding one. I've found one but have only started to use them, for small items I go with the E-Bay one, very cheap, good. It also track the items for you, so no issue with loss. 

Your issue was the fact you when to the Post Offie rather than say Parcel Force, and they charge far too much for their small parcel rate. Sorry you had such a problem, always ask as people can help you on here.  Best wishes. Rich.

4 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

Has anyone noticed how recently sellers (private) are reluctant to post rods out. They all want collection only, that must put most people off living a long distance away? I've never had a problem myself sending rods (maybe 30 or more to date) but I always use a door to door and signature. It costs but is worth it for peace of mind. Rich.

I actually used to hand deliver rods if I could if it is close enough in East Anglia.

In cases where I had to post rods (or long items), I would actually check the exact price and quote that on delivery.

Carriers are really tight on long parcels right now, and to be honest, I wouldn't even think of selling and posting rods right now.