Dropshot/lure setup

17 hours ago, bluelabel said:

have a look at the Angling Direct rods... there's a nice selection there... I have a Sonik LRF with a Shimano 1000 size fixed spool with 10lb braid the sonik LRF rod will cope with ultra-lite drop-shotting with weights from 2-7g

dropshot.jpeg.jpg

Will do mate, just after something cheap to play with really lol

at a pinch you could get by with a short (8') quivertip rod if you have one... the tip is the key it must be soft... and a 1000 size reel... I think my Shimano Alivio was about £25... the expensive stuff are the braids, fluorocarbon for hooklinks and lures, don't forget if there are pike present in your venues you'll need a wire up-trace above the hook in case of bite off's... it really isn't summat where you can just tie on a lure and away you go... you need a bit of forethought... once you start the thing snowballs 

On 05/06/2019 at 09:43, bluelabel said:

at a pinch you could get by with a short (8') quivertip rod if you have one... the tip is the key it must be soft... and a 1000 size reel... I think my Shimano Alivio was about £25... the expensive stuff are the braids, fluorocarbon for hooklinks and lures, don't forget if there are pike present in your venues you'll need a wire up-trace above the hook in case of bite off's... it really isn't summat where you can just tie on a lure and away you go... you need a bit of forethought... once you start the thing snowballs 

I’m gonna go to the tackle shop today and see what they got, hopefully they can set me up with a deal lol 

On 04/06/2019 at 13:33, bluelabel said:

have a look at the Angling Direct rods... there's a nice selection there... I have a Sonik LRF with a Shimano 1000 size fixed spool with 10lb braid the sonik LRF rod will cope with ultra-lite drop-shotting with weights from 2-7g

dropshot.jpeg.jpg

Can’t help but notice you’ve got a nice collection of lures there...what lures/brands do you use?

I’ve got my rod/reel/braid/leader sorted but now it’s the end tackle lol