I've done a floater cake

Hi guys 

After spending a couple of hours stalking without floaters today I quickly decided I needed floaters, I didn't want to have to waste precious time going to the tackle shop tomorrow so floater cake it was, I've only done one before now and I think it may have been better than tonight's effort, it smells weird tbh ,and it hasnt really risen but if it floats I'm going angling again before work, 

If it doesn't I may still angle again anyway bake off may just have to wait 😀

15578745055688203433509654516372.jpg

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It actually looks pretty decent now it's chopped up, 

I think it's about time the carp god's giveth , I've been a good boy lately, I've worked hard , surely that has to count for something 😬

15578758386306193249001695141155.jpg

That looks like it should work very well, hope you do well with it.

I've been saving my bread crusts recently for floater fishing, and using Bakers Meaty treats on the hook/hair.

Good fun to have the bait lowered straight down from the rod tip to catch a carp.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That looks like it should work very well, hope you do well with it.

I've been saving my bread crusts recently for floater fishing, and using Bakers Meaty treats on the hook/hair.

Good fun to have the bait lowered straight down from the rod tip to catch a carp.

Did seem to work well, didn't get to dangle any in today though couldn't find any fish that were really up for it, other than a big shoal of randy bream,I did see one that I thought was a carp at first blooming massive old slab 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Did seem to work well, didn't get to dangle any in today though couldn't find any fish that were really up for it, other than a big shoal of randy bream,I did see one that I thought was a carp at first blooming massive old slab 

If the bream start, the tench then carp are often a few days behind.

I think that was why my fishing was so quiet yesterday, the males shoaling up around the spawn areas instead of moving around the whole lake.