Caulking gun Vs boilie gun

elmoputney

I've spent a while looking at boilie guns and decided the Gardner ones are either not great (plastic) I did own one and it wasn't all that great tbh, or too pricey metal ones, so I've found a cheap caulking gun on eBay with steel tube and I am going to try this they look virtually the same as the others but at a fraction of the cost ? 

Anyone else done this ? Will let you know how I get on anyway once it arrives, 

i use a caulking gun and it works perfectly use the normal caulking nozzles too just cut them to correct size using jr hacksaw i also use a cheap plastic tube, once boilie mixture has been squeezed through i'll use a bank stick or anything long and thin to push the plunger back out so i can re use

Edited by pukkacarp

New gun worked well, cleaned up ok and didn't really struggle to make a sausage,I could almost fit a 500g mix in the tube 

I didn't take any pics though as I was a little pushed for time, but it saved me about £30 on Gardner's pricing , the model I bought is a newborn 620al on eBay for £10.95 plus postage at present, so I hope as it represents value it's ok to mention it,