So what's changed then since I've been gone ?

elmoputney

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I think chods may be a good thing for me to try tbh and actually a hinged stiff rig would probably be my other choice for a pop up ? Are bait screws as good as they seem ? I quite fancy using those for ease 

HSR was my go-to rig for 20 years but last year it was shelved for the ronnie/spinner with size 2's - that's how good I think the ronnie can be. There's no questioning how good the hinge is, it's a proven rig. I'd have no qualms at all using it again in the right situation, caught me loads of big fish that rig has.

Bait screws are great but you need to make sure your pop ups are very good i.e. buoyant. Most off-the-shelf pop ups are no good imho.

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I ordered 20kg of monster mix from monster particles last night thanks to your post about them tree123, the half price sale is still on, 

I think chods may be a good thing for me to try tbh and actually a hinged stiff rig would probably be my other choice for a pop up ? Are bait screws as good as they seem ? I quite fancy using those for ease 

I've started to  try  the screws   still undiedced on what I prefer 

• 2 weeks later...