10 foot spod rod

• 3 months later...

Gents, enlighten me, why would you get a 10ft spod rod?

I can't see what benefit it offers.

I can just about understand 10 ft carp rods, I guess there is a shout for tight swims/overhangs (even though in 20 years I've never found a spot that can't be fished with 12's). I guess there is a weight saving too (although very, very small) if you only fish small waters.

But for the spod, you're not going to be spodding in some tight little snag swim anyway so I can't see that benefit?

For me I'm sometimes fishing in swims where height restricted by overhanging trees & I just can't use my 13' rods or 12' spod. It's for this situation I carry a set of 10' rods. I can then fish the channel and the margins of an island 90 at yards when others can't. 

Its a question of tools for the job, not a preference really.

Edited by Bablemikey
added more

45 minutes ago, yonny said:

Gents, enlighten me, why would you get a 10ft spod rod?

I can't see what benefit it offers.

I can just about understand 10 ft carp rods, I guess there is a shout for tight swims/overhangs (even though in 20 years I've never found a spot that can't be fished with 12's). I guess there is a weight saving too (although very, very small) if you only fish small waters.

But for the spod, you're not going to be spodding in some tight little snag swim anyway so I can't see that benefit?

For me I only  fish small waters now  And dwarfs/ scopes are just easily for storage   and getting  car. 

I'd only want a spod rod to get past the seagulls and when using particles 

Edited by Tree123