Hello im new here looking for some help

Hello firstly what a brilliant forum full of great advice! Ive been fishing since knee high starting off sea fishing, then coarse followed by a couple years fly fishing and now this past year soley carp fishing. The thing i like most about carp fishing is thinking and planning ways to out smart the carp and bite alarms! With the attention span of a nat sometimes they can be a godsent! Lol anyway onto my question i was fishing a margin on my local club water the other night(using a inline lead and pva bag) and i was slack lining but by the time it registered on the alarm the carp was long gone and i lost it. When slack lining should i have the rod tip pointing straight towards the rig or how should the rod be positioned? Also i was thinking of using a bolt rig for my margin fishing or would it be best to keep to the inline rig thank you

1 hour ago, Sketchy13 said:

by the time it registered on the alarm the carp was long gone and i lost it.

What size lead were you using fella? Try a bigger one, will lead to a better hook hold.

1 hour ago, Sketchy13 said:

i was thinking of using a bolt rig for my margin fishing or would it be best to keep to the inline rig thank you

An inline is a bolt rig buddy. Any semi-fixed lead system is.