Skee-Tex Ultralight or Navitas Lite Boot

On 24/11/2018 at 17:08, crusian said:

So which wellie should I ask for my birthday do you think ? 

They are the same boot mate. Navitas ripped them off (same supplier), whacked their badge on them, and sell them for cheaper. Hence, get the Navitas - same thing but cheaper.

2 minutes ago, greekskii said:

obvs the baffins will be worth the money but are the navitas good at keeping your feet warm even when you’re not moving @yonny?? 

I use them all winter but I wouldn't consider them full on winter boots Vik. The lining is surprisingly warm for its weight but they'll not keep your feet toasty in really cold conditions.

Imo the key to warm feet in winter is keeping your body warm. Once your body temps start to drop, blood will not be pumped to the extremities (fingers, toes) as effectively as it would normally. Rather it is used to maintain core temps. Therefore, if you can keep your core body temps up, the body will pump warm blood around the hands and feet keeping them warm.

I've been through loads of options for keeping feet warm in winter (various socks and boots etc) but the most effective solution by a mile was thermal salopettes. They keep the legs/body toasty which in turn keeps the feet warm. You can get the Snugpak ones for less than 100 quid on the bay which seems pricey but once you've used them for a winter you'll think they're a bargain, believe me.