Shelf life boilies

finchey

4 minutes ago, Dez Animaux said:

I gave what I thought was quite an eloquent response to the bad mouthing of one of my favourite bait companies, nobody took any notice though. Never mind.

I would never publically shame a company in the way that they were, spreading rumours about this and that, some of you need to be bigger than that and see through the politics that will exist on many levels but especially within a very wealthy marketplace that is carp fishing.

I personally think you are being a bit sensitive mate.

I didn't really see it as bad mouthing.

Just an opinion, and perhaps they know a bit more about that company then you do .

I couldn't really give a hoot to be honest as I don't use sticky.

I use the mighty cell.

Guest Dez Animaux
6 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

How very dare you. 

I know a lot of people think the same mate.

But I love it.

As long as it works and does them some good it's all good with me

It's one of my three baits

4 minutes ago, Dez Animaux said:

As long as it works and does them some good it's all good with me

It's one of my three baits

That's just it mate.

Loads of people don't like cell , say it's full of rubbish etc etc.

I've caught and still catch loads on it and as far as I know it doesn't do the fish any harm at all.

It's just their opinion and doesn't really matter to me .

Guest Dez Animaux
1 minute ago, muftyboy said:

That's just it mate.

Loads of people don't like cell , say it's full of rubbish etc etc.

I've caught and still catch loads on it and as far as I know it doesn't do the fish any harm at all.

It's just their opinion and doesn't really matter to me .

Yeah sure mate. It's the best selling boilie of all time - 

So it's not rocket science to work out why it ''has its doubters'' 🙄

2 minutes ago, hutch said:

Good job Kev doesn't come on here, he's had comments about his hooks and his baits bet it would have him reaching for the whiskey 😂 

I'm sure my little comment wouldn't bother him ,

Probably to busy catching whoppers on his hooks and counting his millions to worry about me 😄

Guest Dez Animaux
Just now, muftyboy said:

I'm sure my little comment wouldn't bother him ,

Probably to busy catching whoppers on his hooks and counting his millions to worry about me 😄

He said he knows where you live mate he's here with me in the pub with Alan, Carl & Alex, Wislon etc.

If it's only effective in the short term why does it still do so well?.

I really dont think it does, bites on my water have slowed right down, its designed attraction (its possible its an investigative trigger that it uses) will only appeal in the short term the base is minimal on the nutritional front but is digestable which might be another reason they keep picking it up, but they will soon work out there not gaining anything from eating it.  That time frame though can vary from water type to water type, also how much of it a water is seeing might be a factor as well. 

Guest Dez Animaux
1 minute ago, hutch said:

I really dont think it does, bites on my water have slowed right down, its designed attraction (its possible its an investigative trigger that it uses) will only appeal in the short term the base is minimal on the nutritional front but is digestable which might be another reason they keep picking it up, but they will soon work out there not gaining anything from eating it.  That time frame though can vary from water type to water type, also how much of it a water is seeing might be a factor as well. 

You don't know what's in it, mate

Nobody does apart from Mainline management, I doubt even the floor staff know

It's easy to be negative about big brand readymades but at the end of the day, does a boilie really have to be that complicated and all singing all dancing to be effective, good for the fish plus nutritional (which I believe Cell has been proven to be), and completely accepted by the carp as good nosh on a regular basis?

5 minutes ago, hutch said:

Personally I have good results on it wherever I fish but then again I don't do long sessions or do a baiting campaign on one lake.

Perhaps if I did I would feel different towards it.

Guest Dez Animaux
2 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Personally I have good results on it wherever I fish but then again I don't do long sessions or do a baiting campaign on one lake.

Perhaps if I did I would feel different towards it.

Don't listen to him mate, he doesn't know what's in it - simples

You have good results on it wherever you go, well imagine how many others on those venues have been doing so, for about the past 7, 8 years solid?

So that's a ''limited'' bait is it, Hutch, which is ''dependant only on some feeding trigger''

Don't make me laugh..

Anyway I heard it was a very particular strain of yeast which made it so successful, not some chemically artificial ''feeding trigger'' (whatever the heck that is)

You don't know what's in it, mate

Nobody does apart from Mainline management, I doubt even the floor staff know

Hope they don't read the bag ;),  bait companies send each others products for lab testing all the time mate, please don't think they don't

If it works for you and your confident in it and happy with the price keep going with it Mufty, if you move between several waters on short sessions it could work out well using that sort of bait.

Anyway I heard it was a very particular strain of yeast which made it so successful, not some chemically artificial ''feeding trigger''

So when you were listen you should have been told yeasts are mainly digestion aids well the one in Cell is, the key to the yeast type is in the name.

Guest Dez Animaux

Funny how people like to aim their criticism at just about the three, or very near to it, best selling baits UK wide: being Cell, Manilla, and Scopex Squid or Key or whatever (Nash don't do many different ones anyway).

I rate Sticky, they transformed my fishing a few years ago when I was struggling, their hookbaits are excellent too, had loads of bites on Signatures Squid, Manilla Dumbells etc. Their glugs are the best out there as well

8 minutes ago, hutch said:

If it works for you and your confident in it and happy with the price keep going with it Mufty, if you move between several waters on short sessions it could work out well using that sort of bait.

To be honest I've never paid more than £8 a kilo mate. 

Next year might be different if I can get onto the water I want to as I'm gonna need to keep the carp coming to one particular area so I might be looking for a longer term bait but I still love the cell lol.

Funny how people like to aim their criticism at just about the three, or very near to it, best selling baits UK wide: being Cell, Manilla, and Scopex Squid or Key or whatever (Nash don't do many different ones anyway).

Ok lets phrase it another way, how much of that £10 per kilo your paying is actually the bait ? , the cost of the mix has to be offset by packaging, marketing, cost of manafacture, supplying consultants. Not much of a margin left.  There are better baits developed by better bait brains out there for half the cost.  Companies like Essential and ABS have been built by 2 of the best guys in the bait business but I haven't seen B5 at £10 a kilo