Need help

Lumeymorris

Guys I've been fishing a easyish commercial and have done really well there before but the last few times ive really struggled even when on the fish all I can think is maybe the bait or I'm just going through one of them bad spells so I was wondering how you would approach a commercial? That way I can compare with what I'm doing and change bits. 

I think, even on a commercial, you still need to try and find where the fish will be...….. If they've been getting hammered on certain spots through the summer, they may shy away from these spots to actually feed..... As we move into Autumn their habits will change a bit too. With weed dropping (if there is any present), the channels that funnelled fish into certain areas earlier in the year will disappear making the fish a bit more nomadic imo, giving them the opportunity to find fresh, natural, feeding spots...….. It's easy to turn up and go through the motions of previous sessions, especially when you've had a result beforehand...… Imo, as the seasons change, the fish behaviour/movement will change..... If you've had fish on your current bait then I wouldn't be pointing the finger straight at that. I'd probably work a bit on locating them in numbers. And not turn up with a swim or area in mind...….. Don't worry about the blanks, it happens..... Couple of laps with a keen eye, should put you on some fish.....

18 minutes ago, B.C. said:

With weed dropping (if there is any present), the channels that funnelled fish into certain areas earlier in the year will disappear making the fish a bit more nomadic imo, giving them the opportunity to find fresh, natural, feeding spots...….. 

Agree. There is a period every year (around now) where a multitude of naturals become available as the weed drops. If that is the case then sometimes you can really struggle to compete with it (can be bloomin' frustrating), but, those bloodworm beds can be used to your advantage if you think about it.