hello all im Manny real name dave

just wanted to introduce myself, not new to carp fishing but I regard myself as a beginner as ya learning all the time, im from Coventry which is not the greatest area for carping but my time fishing is limited so I only fish club and commercial waters but I joined here to get some help to find local private pools or syndicates so I can find somewhere a bit quieter hopefully and also increase my PB all being well!!!! and maybe get some advice from peeps on here to help me along the way 

cheers for the welcome chaps! I have had a 2 year break, have fished once/twice in between waisted 2 club tickets and licenses due to work commitments, I work long hours, drive wagons 😕 so time on the bank is limited, although im changing my job/hours to give me more bankside time, ive been rolling baits I used previously that worked well for me! how oldscool am I!!!! chocolate flavour fishmeals and some special recipe boilies for winter, I am the nut job that will be on the bank in frost n snow and put the time in & enjoy it!!! it aint for everyone in winter but ill always give it a go, just how I am, cheers again for the replies guys, even when I have been close to venues in other parts of the uk I love just sitting watching lakes/pools for signs of the big girls! itching to fish but as I say not previously had much time to do it but I feel nows my time to give it a good go for some lunkers, already booked france next year and the following so safe to say the bug is back in me! 

10 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

The East Midlands BCSG is very worth joining if you can get in. There are several under the radar waters in your area and being a member of the BCSG is good network to help gain access.

I know well where the midlands bcsg pit is, I walk my dog there, about 20 minutes drive from where I live in Coventry if its the one im thinking of...???? I wont name it out of respect for the bcsg! if feel my experience for joining would not be enough as my angling is so intermittent, yep I have fshed for carp more than 15 years but have very very few pictures of my catches, most are in my own memory! plus on the whole I fish pretty oldschool methods, well, they would be classed as old now but most are in john Wilson book, kev maddocks books/vhs vids fro, yesteryear :D they work for me though, I do use newer methods obviously but I have my preference for some oldschool tricks

Welcome to Carp.com.

What works then will work now. A lot of fishing is fashion, not necessarily the best way to catch, but don't tell anyone.

A lot of my 'ideas' and adaptations come from Kevin Maddocks, Tim Paisley and Rod Hutchinson books from the late 80's or even early 90's, older than many anglers of today!

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:22, manny said:

somewhere a bit quieter

Well that's easier said than done buddy...… Although fishing through Autumn and early Spring will usually see a drop in numbers on the bank.. Not from your area, so can't really help you with venues. All the same, welcome to the forum 🙂…..